Sr Mgr Business Development
At Rogers, the entrepreneurial spirit is part of our DNA. Our Rogers Business teams help foster and grow the Canadian economy by supporting businesses of all sizes. From small to large-scale enterprises, our teams help deliver innovative technology, network services, and a suite of solutions to help them succeed. We offer Canada's largest and most reliable 5G network for our customers and are proud leaders in wireless private networking and IoT! We continuously expand and evolve our networks, invest in new technology capabilities, and invest in our people to serve our business customers and their communities.
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, consider the following opportunity:
The person in this role will be responsible for generating new revenue for Rogers Business. The specific solution areas will be related to Rogers Wireless Private Networks and IoT.
Territory: Primarily BC and Alberta with some work across Canada as needed to support specific opportunities.
• Significant percentage of time spent directly with customers and partners within the region
• Support the adoption of products by developing the opportunity funnel 6 - 18 months into the future for the region.
• Interface with internal and external partners to develop, sustain or improve skills needed for future technologies. (12 - 24 months ahead of others)
• Managing customer and Rogers sales team relationships as needed to pursue co-creation opportunities within region/customer
• 6 -18 Month sales results
• Customer/stakeholder relations:
• Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with customers, partners, and internal leaders up to and including the VP level What you'll be doing:
• Provide strategic oversight of the business development activities within the region
• Ensuring active management of customer engagements from both a strategic and revenue perspective
• Providing consistent customer opportunity funnel development including management of internal and external stakeholders within the customer
• Provide thought leadership to Rogers customers within the region, included:
• Management of Region
• Monitoring the regional BD Customer opportunity funnel
• Identifying strategic priorities and identifying new opportunities for Rogers
• People management/leadership
• Lead the creation and engagement of virtual team at the customer level. (Customer specific team needed for opportunity) Accountabilities:
• Strategy & Planning:
• Use specialty expertise to educate customers on Rogers unique value propositions
• Maintain knowledge of competitors in the industry to strategically position Rogers products and services effectively with our customers
• Maximize the x-portfolio capability value with customers
• Provide input to the technology vision and 3-year strategy for the enterprise market in region
• Develop and track progress against the 24 month go-to-market plan, by quarter for region
• Act as primary customer interface to Rogers for business development opportunities
• Maintain a quarterly / annual forecast
• Rogers establishes market leading performance based on an industry leading portfolio of products and services that are in high demand for the relevant customer base; performance measured as:
• Number of Successful engagements/revenues generated.
• Brand perception (LTR)
• Incorporates sales best practices (e.g. Target Account Selling)
• Builds trust while demonstrating and reinforcing our values and code of conduct
• Supports a culture of accountability
• Creates an environment of diversity, learning and collaboration
• Does not sacrifice the long term for the short term
• Optimizes use of resources, processes, and systems
• Develops strong, positive and trusted relationships across internal and external stakeholder groups
• Identify new partnership opportunities to partnerships manager as needed to support customer co-creation
• Marketing value proposition:
• Identify opportunities to leverage co-creation work for PR to Marketing and Communications leads
• Ensure account teams are engaged and aligned to support their accountabilities (e.g. Contracts)
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 1600 - 4710 Kingsway (351), Burnaby, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Sales & New Business Development
Requisition ID: 277964
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Sales & Marketing
Calgary, AB, CA Burnaby, BC, CA Edmonton, AB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Business Development, Manager, Telecom, Telecommunications, Sales, Management, Technology
Sales and Marketing Management and Executive