AWS Professional Services (ProServe) consultants help the world's largest enterprises achieve breakthrough business results by leveraging the AWS platform. They collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They enable customers to migrate existing systems and build new systems using the full range of AWS services.
As we continue to enable our customer's successes, we are looking for an experienced Practice Portfolio Manager, who will own working closely with one or more practices within Canada to support high growth through internal and customer driven activities that increase productivity, customer impact, cloud growth and our revenue growth. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with practice teams around Canada, including the Leadership team, Commercial management team, solution architecture, operations, finance, marketing, and Customer Stakeholders. A successfful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept managing multiple work streams at the same time build repeatable and scalable processes for projects and programs. You must enjoy spending time with clients (internal and external) and other market representatives to understand their needs, and to define innovative solutions that meet the end customer's requirements.
• Engage with our Canada Practice managers and customer stakeholders for project set up, delivery and closure
• Provide guidance and oversight to all Project ProServe delivery teams ensuring delivery standards and escalations are handled to ProServe standards
• Support and lead work S Teams for go to market segments
• Support go to market launches and overall adoption of the portfolio including working with platform sales teams, ProServe Practice Managers, internal/external stakeholders
• Proactively identify and resolve portfolio issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Provide effective written and verbal updates key projects and go to market initiatives to senior leadership and stakeholders
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, business, or related discipline or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of IT professional services experience with 5+ years of Professional Services business experience
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver service products and projects on tight deadlines
• 5+ years Program Management /Engagement Management experience leading other project managers to deliver a program with multiple and concurrent projects.
• Minimum leadership experience managing technical projects consisting of 8 or more people totaling over $1,000,000 budget.
• Understands the value proposition of the public cloud and has managed a cloud migration engagement (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
• Has presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts.
• Managed multiple and concurrent projects/customers.
• Has one active project management certification (e.g., PMP, PMI, CSM, PRINCE2, etc.)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• AWS Experience and Certifications.
• Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 100 company
• Experience delivering professional services in a high growth environment
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with AWS and Enterprise IT infrastructure
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.