The Alexa Home Productivity (AHP) team builds the intelligent household assistant that connects and coordinates everyone in the home, including some of the most widely used features of Alexa such as Timers, Alarms, Reminders, Weather among others. This role's charter will be to lead the program management for all of AHP's internationalization initiatives, which is a prime focus for this business.
The ideal candidate has both a strategic business background, experience working with engineering and business teams and strong program management experience. You have a natural ability to balance multiple projects and work within a high-growth and constantly evolving environment. You have a passion for solving complex business challenges and thrive on constantly improving the customer experience. Ideally, you have a deep understanding of country specific rollout planning, localization efforts, sales, and marketing functions.
You will define the Internationalization efforts in partnership with product and engineering partners/stakeholders including initiatives to identify business growth opportunities and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership.
The role is inherently cross-functional and will require close work with product and engineering across Alexa.
Key job responsibilities
As the Sr. Program Manager for Internationalization, you will
• Be the owner of the Internationalization Roadmap in terms of Vision and approach
• Directly partner with the product and engineering team to define the roadmap and perform feature prioritization
• Partner with global stakeholders to plan and execute the internationalization projects
• Manage all communication including business reviews and status reporting for all initiatives
• Drive all the planning and strategy cycles for internationalization in partnership with the leadership
• Influence the product strategy for the existing and upcoming AHP offerings.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
• The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Experience managing cross functional technology, product management, QA and testing teams to deliver complex products
• Drives detailed discussions and high-level alignment. Is clear and concise in verbal and written communication (e.g., functional requirements, project plans etc.)
• Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detailPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience leading internationalization or localization of customer facing tech products.
• Relishes ambiguity and change; devises frameworks to resolve and prioritize.
• Demonstrates excellent judgment based upon data-driven analysis.
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• Tenacious. A leader that will not give up when facing unexpected challenges.
• MBA preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.