Sr. Talent Acq. Consultant
Come play a key role in fostering a positive and inclusive culture at Rogers. Our Human Resources department is committed to growing teams across the country that are collaborative, digital-first, fast-moving, bold-thinking, and focused on delivering impact in everything they do. We are looking for Human Resource champions committed to improving employee productivity and engagement and who understand the impact of HR in influencing business results.
We believe in challenging work, rewarding opportunities, and giving back to make a positive impact for Canadians who need it most. When our team learns, grows, and reaches their true potential - we can make more possible. At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, let's make your possible.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? Consider the following opportunity:
The Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
will support recruitment for our Technology business unit. This role can be based out of any Rogers location across Canada. The Senior TA Consultant will be responsible for the full cycle recruitment and will drive the recruitment process by being directly responsible for sourcing, screening, interviewing and hiring candidates.
What we are looking for...
- Sourcing Guru - You will source the best talent for Rogers! You are ahead of the game and deliver the best talent. We'll depend on you to determine and implement effective and innovative techniques and tools for identifying top talent including, but not limited to: internet searches, social media, open houses, cold-calling, campus recruiting, referral programs and networking
- Relationship Builder - You enjoy being part of many teams. You will partner with industry leaders and fellow HR Business Partners. They will rely on your expertise to deliver top-notch talent that will have high impact on their business. The partnerships and teamwork you create will be invaluable to the success of this role
- Intuitive and Observant - You have a discerning eye for talent when screening resumes; you dig deep in telephone screens and face to face interviews to hone in on critical skills
- Efficient - You have the ability to maximize efficiency and timelines without jeopardizing quality or integrity. Your metrics reflect your skill and ability to multitask
- Influencer - With clients and candidates alike - you have powerful negotiation and closing skills
- Our Environment:
- Pace - Fast and responsive. Always aware of what's going on, you deliver on tight time frames.
- Multi-faceted - You will be focused, particular, and committed to creating high quality work with Rogers Values in mind
- Process - We are a large company but getting things done is not always easy. You will need to persevere to get the information needed to solve the problem at hand
- Diligence - You are conscientious and demonstrate the degree of intensity required in a given situation. Committed to persevering to get the job done well!
What you will be doing...
- Works collaboratively with HR Business Partners and Hiring Managers to identify current and future recruitment needs.
- Consults with managers on recruitment practices and gathers market intelligence on industry trends to develop effective sourcing strategies.
- Creates effective job requisitions and job postings to select the best candidate.
- Contributes to key talent acquisition programs by taking an active lead on building recruitment strategies, presentations, and accountable for execution.
Recruitment & Selection:
- Determines and implements effective and innovative techniques and tools for identifying top talent including, but not limited to: internet searches, job boards, social media, open houses, cold-calling, campus recruiting, referral programs and networking
- Develops the candidate pool by screening resumes via telephone and face to face interviews; demonstrated knowledge of behavioural and competency-based interviewing methodologies
- Educates candidates on Rogers Employee Value Proposition and employment offering
- Partners with Hiring Manager and HRBP on selection process techniques and coaches accordingly to ensure the most suitable candidate is selected for the role
Reporting & Metrics:
- Responsible for contributing to the achievement of Productivity Metrics, which includes but not limited to: Time to Fill, Internal Talent Mobility, Quality of Hire, overall monthly hires, etc.
- Follow Rogers Recruitment SLA and how it relates to functional lines of business
- Provide weekly reports and updates as required
What you have...
- Corporate recruitment experiencesupporting a large portfolio of businesses units within Technology.
- Experience using an Applicant Tracking System is a requirement
- Experience with Success Factors would be an asset
- Computer literacy with MS Office Suite etc.
- Demonstrated ability to source candidates using of a variety of sourcing channels and networking
- Strong negotiation and closing skills, ability to deal with very complex hiring processes and follow them through to closure
- Extremely detail oriented and thorough with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment coupled with a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- A high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-up while managing confidentiality and appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Experience attending job fairs and targeted sourcing campaigns
- Knowledge of legislation impacting recruitment in a federally regulated organization.
- Experience with behavioural and competency-based interviewing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet challenging and changing deadlines
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & Recruitment / Talent Acquisition
Requisition ID: 277586
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what's right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Calgary, AB, CA Vancouver, BC, CA Mississauga, ON, CA Victoria, BC, CA Regina, SK, CA Toronto, ON, CA North York, ON, CA Scarborough, ON, CA Brampton, ON, CA Burnaby, BC, CA Halifax, NS, CA Saskatoon, SK, CA London, ON, CA Richmond, BC, CA Edmonton, AB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Recruiting, HR, Consultant, Consulting, Human Resources, Contract
Banking, Finance and Insurance Human Resources