Sr. Wireless Access Planner
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we're proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada's largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let's make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. That's Rogers. A leading communications and media company where people come to do great work. Right now, we are looking for talented individuals to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and to do what really matters.
As a Wireless Access Planner and Performance Prime in the Engineering team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the market planning of the Wireless Access network in the West (AB, BC, SK) as well as Performance of all technologies in the markets (GSM, UMTS, LTE and 5G).Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze network needs in terms of capacity and coverage and plan existing site augmentations, new macro, new Inbuilding, new small cell to address network needs.
- Identify site capacity requirements (Macro and Inbuilding)
- Analyse low capacity / low throughput sites for capacity augmentation or capacity optimization
- Drive Radio Engineering for RF capacity optimization and track progress for implementation success
- Provide inputs to management for new capacity sites
- Localise immediate and event capacity requirement
- Identify sites requiring hot spot capacity
- Find technical solution for hot spot
- Cost estimate and CA for hot spots
- COW deployment
- Plan, budget and initiate expansion projects to support network evolution and to meet growing subscriber demand.
- Develop and analyze alternatives in order to recommend the most economical solution to meet departmental and organizational objectives regarding network expansion, subscriber growth and usage patterns.
- Technical review of existing and forecasted network performance which includes gathering input from network statistics, RF Engineering, CIP, Network Operations as well as Marketing.
- Work with RF Engineering to apply the appropriate actions to address any network capacity requirement and quality issues in a timely manner.
- Develop Three Year Network Capital Plan for Regions.
- Provide direction and guidance to Access Planners
- Recommend course of action to management to resolve capacity and technical issue within the access network. Provide comparison of costs and/or impact of these recommendations versus other options.
- Collaborate with Regional Network Implementation and RF team to communicate priorities, support and guidance for site acquisition, lease and design issues and to ensure timely delivery of planned programs.
- Conduct studies for special projects
- Undergraduate degree with 10 years of work experience in a wireless environment
- Strong understanding of Wireless Access Network functionality and elements.Full Scope of GSM/HSPA/LTE/5G Radio Access
- In-depth understanding of the RAN (Radio Access Network) capacity, optimization process, and performance KPIs
- Knowledge of and experience in Inbuilding planning and design
- Knowledge of and experience in small cell planning and design
- Familiarity with Ericsson radio base station hardware and configuration
- Strong aptitude for research, data analysis and trend development.
- Strong planning and budget skills.
- Microsoft Office suite
- Proven ability to lead and direct within department and provide direction and guidance to internal and external groups.
- Highly motivated individual with superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Specific background in projects involving multiple geographic regions, cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage and track projects
- Proven ability to operate autonomously, within general direction guidelines.
- Personal Competencies: Leadership; Problem Solving / Judgment; Customer Service Orientation; Teamwork and Collaboration; Initiative; Achievement Orientation.
- Able to communicate in a concise and effective manner with technical and non-technical audience
- Excel at providing executive summary and power point presentations
- Result-oriented, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines
- Experience with FWA planning and service expansion would be an asset
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
1600 - 4710 Kingsway (016), Burnaby, BC Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Engineering Requisition ID:
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn't shy away from big ideas - we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we're looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/ Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Calgary, AB, CA Burnaby, BC, CA Edmonton, AB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, RF Engineer, Network, Wireless, Technology, Engineering
Engineering Information Technology