From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be. The opportunity
As a Staff Accountant, you will be a professional member of our Audit practice. EY's commitment to the quality and integrity of our audits is based on the implementation of our global audit methodology and rigorous quality controls. These methods and our considerable investments in technology, knowledge and learning resources for audit professionals allow us to provide exceptional assurance services to clients and their stakeholders. Your key responsibilities
• Execute audit procedures to a high standard of quality, including preparing working papers to support audit findings and conclusions and performing testing of internal controls and documenting observations • Identify audit performance improvement opportunities • Supervise interns and new hires on engagement teams, ensuring our people develop by providing mentoring and coaching while encouraging them to take responsibility for their contribution to the team • Monitor productivity and adherence to work plan and budgets, reporting as to the reason behind deviations and identifying instances where deadlines may be challenged • Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with other team members, and improve service delivery • Become familiar with our clients' business sectors and recognize the key drivers of performance, business trends and technical and sectoral developments • Keep abreast of business and economic developments and their impact on our clients • Develop and maintain long-term relationships with networks internally and externally • Participate in office initiatives, including campus recruiting, business development activities, etc. Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent project management skills, including managing time across competing demands • Strong written and verbal communication skills • Desire to work within high performing teams, striking a balance between leading and executing • Interest in coaching and mentoring others • Integrity in a professional environment To qualify for the role you must have
• Undergraduate degree in accounting or related field of study • Minimum of one year relevant experience • Enrollment in CPA PREP program and/or PEP program working towards a CPA designation Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around • Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance