Staff, Forensic Technology (Calgary)
Reference ID: CAL0015G
Despite the best efforts of internal controls and risk departments, corporate fraud continues to challenge businesses across the globe. From asset misappropriation to financial statement fraud, no company is immune. When facing acts of fraud, government regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients know that we have the investigative experience they need, when they need it.
Our Forensic & Integrity Services (FIS) practice advises corporations and their legal counsel on fraud and forensic investigations as well as on economic damages arising from business disputes. EY is on the cutting-edge on current trends in fraud. Working with clients across all industries, you'll help develop innovative recommendations to some of the most challenging fraud issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, you can expect to take on a wide range of fraud prevention and detection projects, making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge. Our dynamic and talented group is currently seeking the right candidate for a career opportunity as a Staff professional.
Your key responsibilities
As a Staff, you will provide clients and client teams with support in managing client engagements for electronic data and digital forensic investigations that relate to litigation, corporate fraud, class action lawsuits and regulatory matters and others. Experience working in a fast-paced project environment under tight timelines and varying hours of work with flexibility to travel
Skills and attributes for success
• Data Analytics: Participating & contributing in compiling, normalizing and analyzing large volume of electronic data from a variety of sources for the purposes of flagging suspicious transactions and/or gaining business insights to meet client needs.
• Electronic Discovery: Forensic imaging; data recovery; and related forensic analysis providing clear and comprehensive notes and reports of findings to clients
• Communicating complex technical matters with integrity that satisfy sponsor/stakeholder needs while continually exploring and assessing options
• Ensuring successful completion of project objectives within time and cost budgets
• Preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with EY staff and client organizations
• Excellent research and analytical skills with the ability to effectively address diverse client needs with integrity
• Strong written and verbal communication skill for report writing and client presentations
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
• Knowledge of enterprise database systems (SQL, Oracle etc) and relational databases (e. g Access, MySQL, SQL Server etc) with an ability to design and code queries for the purposes data manipulation and analysis.
• Willingness to expand on current technical skills and learn about technical and legal procedures related to the field of Electronic Discovery (E-Discovery).
Ideally, you'll also have
• Possessing strong desire to learn and continue expanding own skill set.
What we look for
We're interested in passionate people that have the intellectual curiosity to actively pursue new knowledge in the rapidly changing world of fraud investigations. Naturally you'll need a solid technical foundation, as well as the ability to translate complex information into meaningful, actionable insights. But we're not just looking for strong technical skills - we're interested in people that have the ability to nurture relationships, both internal and external, and are committed to intimately understanding our client's needs. If you're looking to become part of a community of advisors where you'll make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019