STO-RE 18R - Authorizations Technologist - Water - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED Position Classification
Scientific/Tech Off R18 - Res Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Penticton, BC V2A 8X1 CA
Vernon, BC V1T 9V2 CASalary Range
$58,319.24 - $66,096.20 annually Close Date
4/6/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests Ministry Branch / Division
Okanagan Shuswap Natural Resource District Job Summary
Amendment on March 22, 2023: Closing date extended until April 6, 2023. Bring your commitment to excellence in resource management practices
The Ministry of Forests has a mandate to manage specified Crown land and resources in a manner that embraces the economic, environmental and social goals of government. These results are all essential to improving the global competitiveness of BC industry and our ability to attract private investment and to stimulate economic growth and job creation across the province.
Reporting to a union included supervisor, the Authorizations Technologist provides a range of technical evaluation and advisory services to support decisions on the use of natural resources, and the achievement of resource management objectives.Job Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Diploma in the natural resource field; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in natural resource management.
- Experience working with natural resource management related acts and regulations.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience performing technical duties and working with key statutes that support natural resource management of groundwater or surface water.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Jeff.Nitychoruk@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.
Flexible work options are available; this position may work one or more days in the office and other days from home as per the Telework Agreement .Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status], Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (Standard): YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Please refer to the Job Profile for the full list of willingness/proviso requirements.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Scientific and Technical