The North West Company (NWC) has a rich enterprising legacy as one of the longest continuing retail enterprises in the world, with many of our stores continuously serving their communities for over 340 years. The longevity and continuity of our business can be attributed to our core principles of personal balance, trust, accountability, enterprise, passion and customer driven.
We are looking for adaptable and independent Store Managers to join our growing and diverse team.
As the Store Manager, you will be lead the store management team in the execution of your store action plan and oversee all activities to ensure that customer service standards and performance targets are achieved. You will present NWC in the community and drive to support community development.
What we offer:
- Very competitive starting salary & bonus incentives
- Relocation assistance including fully furnished housing accommodation
- Comprehensive benefits package; housing and food allowances, medical and dental coverage, 3 weeks paid vacation
- Eligibility for Northern Tax credit & ability to bank what you earn
- Development and advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to immerse yourself in small town life and experience a culturally diverse environment
- Committed to relocating and embracing life in a remote community in Northern Canada
- Minimum 5 years retail management experience leading a team of 25+
- Previous grocery experience is required
- University degree in a business related field is an asset
- Extensive knowledge of retail merchandising and operational execution practices
- Personal commitment to participating in community relations activities to support community development and further the NWC brand
- Ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of NWC's customers and values
If you are looking for a change, are ready to embrace the lifestyle of the Canadian North and share in our passion for delivering exceptional customer service, join us today!
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019