Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Reporting to the Senior Vice President Customer Solutions, the Strategic Business Development Director, Technology is a key member of the Customer Solutions senior leadership team and is ultimately responsible for providing strategic leadership to support Finning customers' technology needs.
This role plays a key part in the diligence as evaluating potential joint ventures, partnerships and investments. The Strategic Business Development Director, Technology identifies potential opportunities, or challenges, lays and articulates their value to the key executives and other stakeholder groups. This role is key to Influencing key stakeholders within the technology, sales, operations, and aftermarket teams, to ensure alignment when developing strategic and operational plans in supporting our customers' energy needs.
The Director creates long term strategy to support customers' initiatives through third party partnership opportunities delivering technology solutions. Develop, present & negotiate contracts and supporting customer requirements though engaging internal and external resources across industries (Mining, O&G, etc)Job Description: Business Development and Strategy (70%):
Acquisition / Finning's internal Business Development Opportunities (30%)
- With a particular focus on product/ IP/ business integration and go-to-market strategies you will work to create Finning Technology strategies comprised of cross functional members of Technology Sales, Digital and external resources as required.
- Development of third party partnerships in order to innovate and deliver customer solutions
- Executing innovative pilot projects with strategic accounts in partnership with external and internal groups
- Prospect new business through leveraging existing network of contacts and cultivating new relationships
- Develop and lead the strategic business development process within the technology sales, including the refinement of the vision, development of the critical success factors, strategic business development plans, all in full alignment with our corporate strategy and planning process.
- Entrepreneurial mindset in developing and presenting Finning solutions (outside of the box thinker)
- Funneling technical & commercial customer needs through internal / external stakeholders to create the complete solution
- Collecting, filtering and providing an initial assessment of development opportunities of potential value for Finning and customers, including but not limited to acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, alliances, equity positions, etc.
- Preparing business cases for agreed-upon business development opportunities including but not be limited to projected value, projected costs, SWOT, market overview, identify and mitigate risk.
- Responsible for recognizing and developing business development opportunities that will deliver growth and value Finning
- Supports researching prospective acquisition targets in the Technology to support Finning's long-term strategic goals
- Supports developing and presenting business cases for Finning's internal projects to gain executive alignment
- Lead / Support project execution leveraging internal and external resources
- 5+ years proven experience in technology solutions and business development.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field; MBA / Finance (asset)
- Proven experience in developing business opportunities and leading projects is an asset
- Strong business & financial acumen, Return on Investment
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal, written and presentation. Able to communicate a vision and clear goals and accountabilities, exceedingly able to motivate individuals and teams for success.
- Highly collaborative, able to positively influence stakeholders at all levels. Able to positively influence with and without authority.
- Support/coordinate multiple stakeholders internally and externally through excellent communication, negotiations and decision-making with a strong interpersonal focus and positive impact on business performance.
- Ability to comprehend complex business problems, apply appropriate analysis and sound decision-making with balance/alignment to broader Finning Vision & Priority Value Drivers
- Strong strategic planning capabilities along with ability to turn plans into new realities.
- Persistence, perseverance & tenacity to drive change and execute on objectives.
- High level energy, drive and personal motivation
- Financial Acumen, Change & Project Management
- Proven leadership, coaching, mentoring, and team development skills, proven development of future generations of leadership
- Customer-Focused, experience in addressing Customer issues (Technical, Product, Exchange Program), prioritizing needs & adequately translating/facilitating into solutions meeting both customer and business needs.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Sales and Marketing