Join our team
TELUS International (TI) is the place for you to grow your career and be part of a global team.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, TI is a business process outsourcing (BPO) provider, delivering contact center and IT outsourcing services globally across a range of industries. Our fully connected, multi-site solutions are delivered from strategic locations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, and Asia. The TI Finance team is a hub of highly collaborative individuals who are trusted partners to our global counterparts in finance and operations. Our senior leadership team relies on our real time insights and recommendation to make critical decisions that will drive our growth strategy. It's an exciting time to be part of a high energy team that is building greater capabilities and solutions to support the expansion of our business globally. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As a Global Procurement Prime, you'll support global procurement and drive real savings to the organization, while enhancing TI's procurement related reporting and analytics. You'll collaborate with bright individuals with diverse backgrounds, gaining insights on what it means to be part of an international team doing business in four continents. Your exceptional organizational, communication and innovative thinking capabilities will be crucial to ensuring seamless alignment to global processes and best practices. Your strong negotiating skills will help drive cost efficiencies across the globe. Here's how
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders on procurement related requests
• Research and evaluate various products and services, and support selection process
• Negotiate optimal prices and terms with vendors/suppliers and maintain strong relationships
• Support global procurement reporting and analysis to drive effective decision making
• Guide the continuous identification and implementation of efficiency enhancements to drive savings
• Create and manage purchasing catalogs and records in financial and other systems
• Assist with the implementation and maintenance of procurement related functionality within our new global financial system
• Maintain/update the company's procurement policies and provide guidance to global teams, ensuring standardized processes and procedures
• Check effectiveness of and document internal controls, identify weaknesses/gaps in existing processes and recommend improvements by leveraging best practices
• Support a diverse range of financial and operational analyses, including procurement reporting, M&A integration and other senior leadership requests Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle
• Valued as a collaborative partner who builds strong working relationships across diverse teams, both internally and externally, and is able to influence others at all levels
• Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to drive efficiencies from vendors, source strategically, while maintaining good vendor relationships
• Sought out for your ability to deep-dive into details, synthesize data into findings, and present and communicate recommendations in a clear and straightforward manner
• Recognized as a self-starter with attention to detail and an expert at managing large amounts of data efficiently
• Respected for taking ownership of the deliverables and driving continuous process improvement by engaging and consulting with our partners
• Skillful at managing multiple deliverables to meet deadlines and goals in fast-paced, ever-changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
• Strong with Microsoft Office and Google product suite
• With 6 or more years of relevant experience in a large and complex environment
• With a Bachelor degree in Business Administration or other Great-to-haves
• Experience with SAP, Workday or a large ERP system
• Experience with (Google) G-Suite
• Understanding of financial and accounting concepts and principles Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: July 13, 2018
Closes: September 11, 2018