Summer Student Office Admin
Reference ID: 357054
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
At Paladin Security, the difference is in the details. We are committed to taking the time to understand any security challenge our client may face and assist in developing a security program tailored to those needs. Paladin Security Group is the leading security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country. We are focused on innovation and dedicated to the growth of our employees while providing industry-leading service to our valued clientele.
We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer. As the Office Administrator you are the first point of contact for our employees and clients when they call or come to our office. You will be responsible the administrative support for Paladin Security's Red Deer operations. This is a hands-on role that will require an individual who is capable of working in a team dynamic to deliver exceptional customer service to our employees and clients who call or come to the office. This position will be from Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm from June 1st, 2019 - August 31st, 2019.
Job Skills / Requirements
• Provide front of office support including first point of contact for all individuals coming into the office
• Respond to telephone, e-mail and in-person inquiries from employees, clients, business partners, and all other stakeholders
• Ensure visitors follow sign-in procedures
• Maintain effective communication, information flow, and rapport between all team members
• Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages and courier services
• Send reminder emails to new employees with training dates and times
• Administer English proficiency exams to applicants before their interview
• Complete employee uniform issuing and returns
• Order office supplies and ensure supply area is stocked and monitored
• Maintain the reception and kitchen areas in a tidy and in a presentable manner
As directed by various department managers:
• Responsible for typing forms, letters, reports, and memos as necessary
• Provide clerical support as needed to the Executive team, Client Service Managers and the Human Resources team such as filing, scanning, coordinating appointments and arranging meetings
• Conduct reference checks as needed, accept and review hiring processes when applicants walk into the front door inquiring about job opportunities
• Support the Human Resources team as needed
• Other duties as required
• Must possess a High School Diploma; currently enrolled in post-secondary education is an asset
• Excellent written and oral skills in English, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
• Strong computer skills; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Able to work effectively and efficiently in a deadline driven environment
• Strong time management, multitasking, problem solving, team work and organizational skills
• Must be outgoing, sociable, adaptable, and detail oriented
What You Can Expect From Us:
• An opportunity to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
• A company leading in Quality Standards with a 360 Degree Quality Assurance Program for Environmental Standards and Occupational Health and Safety Standards
• Access to all support systems including our three 24/7 Operations Centers and our National Quality Standards and Support Team
• Company paid professional development programs
• A dynamic and challenging opportunity in a performance based company with limitless opportunity for personal career growth
• Promotion from within
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online through our website at www.paladinsecurity.com/careers and address their cover letter to Rachel Paul, Team Lead, People and Culture.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: May 16, 2019
Closes: July 15, 2019