26574 Position Type:
Whitecourt, AB, Canada Location:
Our sawmill in Whitecourt, AB is currently seeking summer students
to join our amazing team for the 2024 Summer Season.
Are you someone who thrives on completing tasks diligently, setting a high standard for a productive workday? Our Summer Student - Production
role at Canfor could be the ideal fit for you, whether you're aiming for your next life goal or launching your career journey.
This position demands hard work, and that's precisely what makes it appealing to individuals like you. Your can-do attitude, proactive approach, and adept cleanup skills would be highly valued at our Whitecourt Sawmill
. In this Summer Student role, your responsibilities will include:
For this role, you'll come equipped with:
- Shoveling, lifting, carrying boards and debris with exposure to the elements while contributing to the overall cleanliness of the site.
- Taking responsibility for contributing to a safe work environment for coworkers, customers, and site visitors.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness in your work area and throughout the mill
- Develop strong working relationships with your peers and production team
- Safety driven mindset
- Ability to perform repetitive, manual tasks for extended periods of time including piling lumber, standing for long hours, walking, shoveling, climbing stairs, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers
- A high degree of urgency and attention to detail
The hourly rate for this position is: $21.02.
To be eligible to apply, you are attending an educational institution full-time during the 2024 academic year
and are registered for a program that leads to a recognized degree or diploma.
To stand out from the crowd, be sure to highlight your previous industrial work experience.
No push-ups are actually required for this position, but you must submit your resume and proof of enrollment in the September 2024 semester.
If you're ready to embrace the challenge, available for shift work
, and comfortable working in an environment involving exposure to dust, chemicals, and machinery, seize the opportunity-apply today! Don't check off every single bullet point?
At Canfor, we prioritize the right fit for our organization over a strict checklist of criteria. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align. Our people-focused approach prioritizes safety, embraces diversity,
valuing everyone's unique qualities. We believe that inclusion and diversity are crucial for our productivity, creativity, innovation, and competitive edge.
Our recruitment process is fair and equitable, based on qualifications and experience.
We appreciate all candidates' interest but will contact only those selected for interviews. Our hiring for various positions is ongoing and includes different screening processes such as behavioral assessments, references, and criminal record checks, depending on the role and location. #CADH #LI-CC1 Job Segment:
Intern, Entry Level