Temporary Contract Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description Please note that this is a 16 month contract with benefits.
Reporting to the Prairie Region Senior Manager of Business Operations, the Supervisor of Business Operations is responsible for supervising a team of Client Experience Professionals (CEP) Administrative Assistants (EA's), as well as supporting the facilities management of the Edmonton office. The Supervisor of Business Operations will also have broader Business Operations responsibilities to support the Prairie Region. The Supervisor of Business Operations is responsible for the high-level administrative supervision of the team, identification and adoption of best practices, and coordination of specialized support to ensure a full suite of support is provided. The successful candidate will work on building relationships, supporting Partners and contributes to the positive culture of the office, team members and reflects the Deloitte brand. The Supervisor of Business Operations possesses the ability to effectively manage business activities with minimal input and direction. The Supervisor of Business operations also represents the firm in a professional manner in verbal and written communications, builds strong relationships with internal and external clients; delivers high quality results, ensuring business needs and commitments are met. Overview:
- Maximize the quality of our support to Partners by developing value added services, implementing best practices, and identifying opportunities for standardization and process improvement in collaboration with the Senior Manager of Business Operations
- Drive change effectively by applying a consultative approach, leading by example and building consensus with key stakeholders - including other Business Operations staff, clients and enabling areas.
- Foster continuous improvement, knowledge sharing and team-building, through periodic meetings, events and networks, and other initiatives
- Coordinate specialized support (such as event management, communications, hospitality, graphic design and research), teaming effectively with enabling areas to generate the ultimate client experience.
- Understand fluid executive support priorities and align resources and delivery priorities accordingly, in an agile manner and with a high tolerance for rapid adjustments
- Lead the performance management process, including: collection and calibration of feedback from clients, contribution to the assessment, ongoing coordination of talent management reviews, communication of annual rating and compensation adjustments (where applicable).
- Collaborate with Talent on recruitment efforts, by refining position descriptions, interviewing candidates and delivering new hire orientation to successful candidates.
- Identify and monitor necessary training for the team which may include delivery of various training sessions and rollout of appropriate tools. Enable achievement and completion of formal learning curricula for Executive Assistants and Client Experience Professionals.
- Manage leave requests (e.g. vacation, parental), overtime and timesheets. Arrange appropriate backup coverage for seamless partner support and client service delivery.
- Work to create a community of engaged Client Experience Professionals and Executive Assistants
- Develop effective working relationships with other Business Operations managers and supervisors including Shared Services, and other enabling areas across the practice to foster positive and productive teamwork.
- Actively participate in Regional Management team meetings and other Business Operations initiatives
- Lead Business Operations projects to support and respond to the needs of the team
External Posting Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years of supervisory and operational experience, preferably within a complex professional service work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with a demonstrated ability to effect change through influence rather than authority in a high-touch environment
- Proven ability to create a standard of excellence through process improvement
- Experience at building relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Effective skillsets in the areas of organization, priority and time management and problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to speak in French is an asset
- Advanced level knowledge of common industry software, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), Adobe Acrobat, as well as Deloitte-resident packages
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for continuous learning relevant to the role.
- Flexible hours to meet business needs; working in alternate locations may be required
- Leading local and remote teams may be required
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply