Requisition ID: 63283
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what's right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice - one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can-do" attitude.
Purpose of Job: As the first point of contact, the Receptionist is a highly visible role, responsible for contributing to the overall success of Scotia Wealth Management's multiple business lines, and other Bank Partners, by greeting and directing clients; taking and relaying messages, and responding to and actioning client requests, while adhering to Bank security and operational procedures and policies. Accountabilities: 1 . Creates initial first impression for clients and employees as a representative of Scotia Wealth Management (SWM) by:
2. Managing incoming and outgoing correspondence by:
- Welcoming and interacting with high net worth clients as the first point of contact; escorting or directing clients to the respective Scotia Wealth contact person.
- Receiving all visitors, in person and by phone, while responding or forward to the appropriate individual in a timely manner.
- Presenting a professional business image and a positive demeanor, providing a high degree of customer service at every interaction.
- Providing every client with service that demonstrates respect and knowledge, in a manner that makes the client feel welcome and shows that their business is appreciated.
- Ensuring that the Scotia Wealth Centre presents a professional environment that is clean and organized.
3. Managing and maintaining meeting rooms schedules by:
- Receiving, sorting and prioritizing mail, taking notice of required actions and due dates to ensure timeliness of responses and required actions.
- Performing daily mailroom duties and ensuring all documents and/or deliveries accurately reach internal employees.
- Accepting and arranging incoming and outgoing couriers to ensure timely distribution of packages and documents.
- Coordinating the receiving/processing of Head Office shipments and deliveries.
4. Contributing to the effective operation of the Scotia Wealth Management office by:
- Coordinating meeting rooms and conference calls ensuring action items and deliverables are completed.
- Arranging the catering needs and lunch meetings for customers and centre staff, as required.
- Ensuring client rooms are set-up to professional standards and ensuring post clean up, as needed.
- Coordinating/Assisting with any special events as required (for centre staff and clients).
Skills, Knowledge & Behavioural Competencies: Qualifications:
- Coordinating any internal communication to staff, including maintenance of internal documents, such as the phone list.
- Organizing and maintaining various filing systems to track and store data and documentation and allow for easy retrieval of information.
- Maintaining office supplies inventory at proper levels and ensures timely ordering.
- Distributing office supplies and ensuring all storage areas are properly stocked.
- Assisting with security related activities and key holder responsibilities, including producing security badges, opening/closing the office, and liaising with building security when needed.
- Managing communal kitchen (i.e. ordering supplies, ensuring cleanliness, etc....)
- Liaising with office equipment vendors for maintenance as needed.
- Assisting with special projects and other administrative functions as needed.
- Ensuring work is controlled throughout the day to contribute to the efficient operations of the centre.
- Complying with regulatory requirements as part of the service process, i.e. privacy.
- Superior customer service and relationship management skills
- Ability to independently problem solve
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to relate comfortably with affluent and influential clientele, demonstrating the ability to display a high degree of poise and professionalism within all levels of the organization
- Work independently with minimum instruction and/or supervision
- Enthusiastic upbeat personality is essential
- Working knowledge of systems (i.e. phone system, computer applications, etc....)
- Financial experience
- 2 - 3 years previous experience working with an administrative capacity or previous Bank experience is an asset
The total wealth office is a unique collaboration of multiple business lines. The receptionist must have a good understanding of the needs and offering of each business line to provide front line support. Sensitivity to individual client needs is a key component to executing daily activities.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs. Job Segment:
Receptionist, Bank, Banking, Law, Administrative Assistant, Administrative, Finance, Legal