Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Reporting to the Software Development Team Lead, the Systems Developer role is responsible for delivering improved business functionality and efficiency through the delivery of custom built solutions. This role leverages existing experience in the field to create a high quality and high value system which interacts with both in place legacy systems and newer cloud based systems. They work closely with multiple teams to refine business requirements for new functionality as well as debugging and resolving customer reported issues in a timely fashion.Job Description:
- Writes code for specific development items and completes unit testing of the development items against their specifications
- Designs and writes detailed specifications for applications
- Provide Break/Fix support for applications of all internally developed solutions including standalone applications and enhancements to third party solutions and interfaces
- Provide estimates and report progress against estimates, and raise issues or risks impeding progress
Specific Skills :
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Concise clear written and verbal communications that adapt to specific audiences
- Ability to continue to learn and develop
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Be nimble and quickly transition from different technology stacks from project to project
- Strong working knowledge of development tools, languages, and methodologies applicable to the assigned platform(s)
- Salesforce, Lightning Web Components, Einstein
- Angular, Ionic, SCSS, CSS
- Sound knowledge of common development methodologies and ability to apply the knowledge in daily functions
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent experience in education, business and/or information systems.
- 1 - 2 yrs Force.com (Apex/ VisualForce /Lightning)
- 3 to 6 Years ASP.Net ( C#)/MVC/Angular/Entity Framework
- Microsoft Team Services - Visual Studio 2015/17
- Desirable: Azure; Progressive Web Apps;
- o SOLID/DRY principles (SOLID stands for 5 different design patterns)
- o DRY is short for "Don't Repeat Yourself"
- o SRP - Single Responsibility Principle.
- o OCP - Open/Closed Principle.
- o LSP - Liskov Substitution Principle.
- o ISP - Interface Segregation Principle.
- o DIP - Dependency Inversion Principle
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.