Location: Remote within, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology BCLC exists to generate win-wins for the greater good. For our people, our players, our province, and our planet. Lottery | Casino | Sports Being a social purpose company, we are not only able to better align our business decisions with our purpose, but more importantly, we are committing to doing our part in creating a better world. We generate win-wins by asking our employees, partners, and government stakeholders to continually evaluate the impacts of all activities and decisions on individuals, institutions, communities and the planet. Motivated and guided by our social purpose, everything we do must benefit the greater good.
We want you to be where you feel you can do your best work. This job can be done remotely providing you reside in BC.
For those who prefer working in a community with others, we have two beautiful offices in convenient locations:
2940 Virtual Way, Vancouver | 74 Seymour Street W, Kamloops
This is a Permanent, Full Time opportunity
Expected Salary Range: $82,108.00 - $102,635.00 - $128,294.00
Our typical hiring range will be +/- 10% of the midpoint shown above
Factors influencing this decision include qualifications and market conditions for the role The Company
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians. We continue to revolutionize gambling entertainment through engaging experiences that build and benefit communities. We operate national and provincial lotteries in partnership with 3500 retail partners, provide the games, technology & oversight to 37 brick & mortar casinos, and operate a safe secure and 100% legal online gambling presence PlayNow.com. In our recently completed fiscal year, BCLC generated a record $1.636 billion in net income to the Province of B.C. to support First Nations, local host governments, health care, education and community programs across the province. Job Summary:
As a member of an Agile or Project delivery team, the Systems Engineer acts as a senior technical resource in the area of application/service/technology architecture, application/technology design and delivery, translating business and technical requirements into enterprise system solutions by defining and developing technical solution architectures and functional/non-functional designs for Product or Project Teams. The Systems Engineer partners with diverse stakeholders on delivering enterprise system solutions, including Product Owners, Enterprise Architects, Capability Managers, business stakeholders, as well as a variety of technical and business subject matter experts.
The Systems Engineer collaborates with the coach and product/project owner to facilitate flow within the delivery teams by identifying and eliminating impediments and by helping team members communicate, cooperate and adopt processes and technology to increase operational agility throughout the solution delivery lifecycle. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
- As a senior technical resource in the area of application/service/technology architecture, application/technology design and delivery, translates business requirements and provides technical and impact analysis to deliver complex enterprise system solutions; designs scalable and highly available services at all layers of the architecture; and, utilizes industry-standard approaches and design patterns and a deep understanding of enterprise systems and their integrations points.
- Collaborates with the Business Analyst, Product Owner and Subject Matter Experts to define non-functional requirements to a sufficient level of detail to ensure services are flexible, open, scalable, available, testable and maintainable within a high-volume, mission-critical production environment. Ensures the successful development, quality assurance, implementation, and ongoing support of the designed solution.
- As a senior technical persona, the role may take on Scrum Master accountabilities or technical leadership work. Collaborates with Product Owners, Project Managers and Product Team to ensure the successful development, quality assurance and transition of the enterprise systems solution through removing blocking issues experienced by technical teams, helping teams adapt to changing priorities and ensure solution delivery continues to drive maximum business value.
- Creates, documents and communicates technical solutions using agreed upon standard documentation processes.
- Proactively resolves complex issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution.
- May lead Proof of Concepts or Architectural Spikes(?) as required.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture and the wider Architecture Community of Excellence (COE) and Cyber Security COE to provide significant input and recommendations on Architecture Strategy, Enterprise Domain Roadmaps, Principles, Standards, and Reference Architectures throughout the organization.
- Researches technology providers and emerging technology to provide advice and recommend solutions and opportunities to business and technology stakeholders. Participates in Development Community of Practice and/or COE's to ensure alignment with development trends, technology, and approaches.
- Ensures technical solutions are aligned with the overall Enterprise Architecture Principles, Strategy, Roadmaps, and that they are implemented in adherence with designs.
- University Degree, College Diploma in Information Technology supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
- 4-6 years' experience in Information Technology in a medium to large sized environments, including a minimum of three years' experience in a senior development/technology role;
- Scrum Master, TOGAF, and other professional certifications would be an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
What's in it for you
- Software integration experience; experience in analysis, design, development and deployment of complex software solutions involving on-line transaction processing, client/server, web and native applications;
- Technology/platform development experience; experience in analysis, design, development and deployment of complex technology solutions involving on-line transaction processing, client/server, web and native applications;
- Experience in delivering design and development in an Agile Environment;
- Experience in analysis, design, development and implementing systems using application integration architecture (e.g. Microservice and Service-Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Service Bus), technologies, principles, and standards;
- Vendor Management experience
- Experience in information management, data modeling, data analytics, database design and development;
- Exceptional organizational skills, written and oral communication skills including presentation skills and strong listening skills;
- Ability to interpret and translate ambiguous situations into structured and clearly defined deliverables;
- Team player with intermediate to expert skills in facilitating and encouraging team collaboration;
- Demonstrated experience with complex problem solving, analytical and innovative thinking with ability to adapt in a face paced environment with changing priorities;
- Strong computer skills - MS Office Suite, Jira and/or Kanban online boards would be a strong asset;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset;
- Demonstrated team leadership skills including the ability to act as a change agent to champion continuous change and improvement.
However you identify, or whatever your path in life, if you see something here that makes you excited to get to work every day, please apply. We hire people for skills, capabilities and potential, not just education and experience. We value Respect, Integrity and Community, and we provide an inclusive environment where everyone can feel like they belong . Our social purpose is much more than returning 100% of net income to the province in the form of healthcare & education programs, and community gaming grants. Check it out ! Did you know BCLC is an industry leader in player health & responsible gambling? Find out more ! We are trained in neurodivergent hiring. If you require accommodation so you can be at your best in the interview, please let us know: email@example.com . All candidates must be at least 19 years of age and legally eligible to work in Canada
- Defined benefit pension plan which provides a recurring income you can depend on for life throughout retirement
- We pride ourselves on our work-life integration and our 37.5 hour work week.
- Professional development including education/certification sponsorship, in house leadership cohorts, LinkedIn Learning
- See all our rewards here