In EY Tax, you'll have the opportunity to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You'll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company's business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority. The opportunity
As a Tax Services Senior Tax Staff, you will be a part of our Diversified Staff Group. Our Diversified Staff Group model is all about providing our people with the skills, information and knowledge to take on some of the biggest challenges in taxation. The vision of EY's Diversified Staff Group (DSG) is to grow today's tax professionals to be tomorrow's leaders. You can expect a unique insight into our business, where you'll build a network of relationships in an area that influences major business decisions every day. As the team continues to grow, so will you, and over time, you will become a well-rounded tax professional with broad experience in multiple areas of tax. Your key responsibilities
Your role as a Tax Services Senior will give you the opportunity to combine corporate tax work with structured and virtual learning. You will have the opportunity to combine tax engagements with structured learning. You'll get experience in tax compliance, tax accrual review, calculating income tax provision and tax planning. Our people focus on the main issues affecting our clients, paying particular attention to the implementation of tax strategies aligned with their business objectives. Skills and attributes for success
• Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products.
• Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts.
• Discuss moderately complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management.
• Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations.
• Thoroughly and accurately analyze information.
• Prepare practical and effective approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions.
• Share tax planning ideas with others.
• Participate in and contribute to achieving team goals.
• Assist in the development of recommendations and implementation plans and assist in making quality decisions in complex areas. To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field
• Accounting designation or Masters' degree
• Experienced Senior- Minimum of 3 years of relevant CDN Corporate tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry.
• Broad exposure to corporate income taxation
• Ability to research and write utilizing electronic tax tools
• Excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills Ideally, you'll also have
• Mature mindset, proactive and committed, highly motivated driven team player What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today. EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.