Reference ID: 288181
Law Enforcement and Security
[Please allow 15 - 20 minutes to complete your application]
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
The Team Lead is assigned responsibility, accountability and authority to monitor all work activities of their staff members, to identify and report any problems which could have an impact on the company's service delivery. Maintain a safe and secure environment for staff, students, contractors and visitors alike. Be familiar with and follow current post orders, and related policy and procedures for the site.
Job Skills / Requirements
• Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; dealing with trespassers
• Completes clear and concise reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining statements and photographs
• Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Monitor, identify and report any health and safety deficiencies on their site, and instruct all staff in good ‘work safe' practices
• Ensure all staff are provided with appropriate personal communication and protective equipment as required
• Ensure all staff is proficient in language, report and notebook writing skills
• Ensure the Orientation Check Lists are completed within the allotted time frame
• Provides guard with continued and adequate training as it relates to the duties and responsibilities of the position
• Ensure new guards have read and signed the required acknowledgements for the Site Orders, the Security Guard Training Manual, the OH&S Manual, and Policy & Procedure Manual
• Monitor and identify any staff training or disciplinary issues that arise, bringing them to the attention of the Security Operations Coordinator
• Ensure guards are familiar with and understand Security's role and responsibilities as outlined in the Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
• Provide constructive feedback and suggestions to the Security Operations Coordinator about any relevant staff issues
• Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly reports, records and logs are completed and filed as required, including:
Incident statements and reports
Daily Duty reports
Mobile vehicle inspection and mobile patrol logs
• Ensure all email inquires, requests, etc. are attended and replied to in a timely fashion
• Oversee the review of surveillance video, saving footage related to incidents on campus and the transfer of video data as required
• Notify the Site Manager if Site Orders are not relevant or up to date
• Together with the Security Operations Coordinator, ensure that thorough site training practices are in place
• Support all staff to ensure their needs and concerns are addressed as appropriate
• Assist Management with regular staff evaluations
• Communicate appropriate information, so any outstanding issues can be resolved
• Prepares/ reviews incident reports and ensures both relevancy and accuracy
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with faculty, staff, students, contractors, visitors and colleagues alike
• Ensure that all services provided by site staff, are delivered as per clients request
• Ensure that all services provided comply with Paladin's ‘Code of Ethics' and ‘The Policy and Procedure' Manual
• Ensure that all security activities are in accordance with Site Post Orders.
• Insure that require immediate action after office hours should be addressed to the Security Operations Coordinator
• Maintains supervision of their team in the field and provides scheduled breaks in each zone.
• Must hold a valid security license
• Computer literate and able to easily assimilate knowledge of site systems
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong knowledge of the security functions & requirements at the site
• Possess crisis management skills and work under stressful conditions
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Dependable & Professional in all job functions
• Able to display objectivity and sound judgment
• Able to inspire others by knowledge, experience and a willingness to assist
• One year prior security experience required, supervisory time is an asset
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties in order to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Security Operations Coordinator
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 4
Posted: February 10, 2018
Closes:March 19, 2018