Information Technology Canada
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) will be the primary contact point for all technical matters raised by Sophos customers or Partners within the set portfolio. The TAM will become a trusted advisor and customer advocate to those within this portfolio: learn their environments; deliver expert technical support; understanding and champion their needs within Sophos and provide guidance to them on their Sophos solutions.
Reporting directly into the service delivery organization, the TAM will provide technical support of the highest quality, and will be expected to maintain a high availability and responsiveness to the TAM portfolio of customers. The TAM will also be expected to act as a secondary contact point for customers from other TAMS portfolios. The TAM will be expected to have in-depth knowledge of the customer’s environment allowing them to identify and resolve issues with Sophos products more quickly – keeping impact to the customer’s business and resource to a minimum.*Willing to hire the right candidate in Vancouver or Ottawa.
- Build a customer profile on customer and technical environment assist with quick identification of the problem and fast turnaround to a resolution
- To identify potential challenges, areas where further assistance may be needed
- Be the 'trusted advisor' with the customer, so that recommendations are heard by the appropriate customer contacts and taken seriously this is where taking the time to build the right relationship is very important
- Provide feedback on genuine product needs, successes and challenges to internal sources within Sophos (e.g. product teams) should this become necessary
- Own all cases raised by customers within their portfolio
- Drive proactive support and contact to and for their customers
- Provide regular contact with Sales team so that all internal Sophos contacts for the customer are up to date with the current status
- Liase with Product Management for roadmap updates, webinars on product features/new products, facilitation of personal meetings should the opportunity arise
- Visit customers face-to-face
Experience and Skills
- Experience with supporting customers over the phone or in a customer facing role within an IT environment
- System administration/support experience in Windows and/or Linux
- Comprehensive experience with enterprise networked environments and enterprise networking technologies (LAN/WAN, routers, gateways, firewalls, DNS, LDAP, SQL, Apache)
- Experience with Windows 2008/2012 Server and/or Macintosh environments
- Experience with presenting to both large and small audiences is an asset
- Technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and the ability to learn Sophos software products
Sophos Canada offers a comprehensive total compensation package including vacation, sick days, BC MSP coverage, extended health coverage which includes medical, dental and vision care, RRSP matching.
Special How to Apply Instructions To apply, please send resume to: NA.Careers@Sophos.com
Posted: February 28, 2018
Closes: April 29, 2018