Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
As a Technical Communicator for Finning Canada, you will provide counsel to internal customers on technical and product issues. You will play a key role in identifying and managing product health problems to support customer satisfaction.
You will be part of a team that provides technical support to technicians in the field and in-service shops to efficiently troubleshoot and repair customer equipment through Technical Communicators group experience and the Dealer Solution Network.
Our ideal candidate brings a strong mechanical aptitude and is a certified Heavy-Duty Technician with a minimum 5-10 years of experience in the field. You also bring a strong working knowledge of Caterpillar Equipment in either Mining or General line.
Perhaps you are looking for the next step in your career and ready to challenge yourself off the tools. You are also knowledgeable with computers and technology and open to being at a desk Monday to Friday as well as, on occasion, being available on weekends/afterhours.
If this sounds in line with your experience and what you are looking for in your next career, please apply today!Job Description:
- Define, manage and resolve product health problems with the assistance of Caterpillar in support of Finning customers through the Operations and Sales departments
- Provide strategic and technical support to service departments and marketing managers in the implementation of Product Improvement and Product Support Programs from manufacturers
- Assist with the failure analysis process and investigate root causes of failure to drive product improvement and assist in design validation
- Maintain Product Problem Management input for product problems with known and unknown solutions
- Completion of the Provincial or Interprovincial Heavy-Duty Mechanic certification process. (Red Seal preferred).
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of service experience. Field Service experience is a definite asset
- Knowledge of various CAT computer systems and MS Office Suite applications
- Experience in Mining or General Line is preferred
- Solid understanding of CAT product and working environment
- Strong knowledge of Caterpillar electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and engine systems-operation and design
- Partner with Caterpillar in product problem determination and resolution
- Manage response times to minimize commercial impact of issues
- Manage field-follow units and test iron data collection for Caterpillar
- Work with the Technical Support team to resolve product health issues and implement Product Improvement Programs (PIP's) in a timely fashion
- Maintain ownership of Product Problem Management and continue to provide input
- Solid understanding of customer service
- Superior mechanical aptitude coupled with exceptional troubleshooting ability
- Time management, prioritization and independent problem solving
- Self-starter who possesses the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Concise, clear written and verbal communication that adapts to specific audiences
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.