You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.The opportunity:
Canada's Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) program is one of the country's largest tax incentive programs. It is intended to create a supportive environment for Canadians to carry out research and development (R&D) and foster technological innovation. The program has existed in one form or another for over 50
years. KPMG's Tax Incentives Practice (TIP) consists of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and accountants that assist our clients to obtain tax savings through incentive programs like SR&ED
KPMG is currently seeking a technical-minded professional to join its SR&ED Tax Incentives group. The specific opportunity is for an engineering trained/experienced professional working in the industry who is seeking to transition and grow into a consultative role.
In this role, you will attend meetings with the likes of CTO's, Engineering Managers and Lead Engineers in order to assess client projects for SR&ED potential. During discussions with clients, you will identify technical/engineering related activities that qualify for the SR&ED program. In this capacity, your ability to quickly understand and contextualize new concepts/new products/new designs or new process will be instrumental. Once the necessary information has been obtained, you will prepare the technical summaries to justify the projects for SR&ED tax credits. You will also take part in any CRA review meetings to support and defend the claims submitted if needed. What you will do
What you bring to the roleSkills & Qualifications
- Keeping up-to-date with innovative technologies and trends in the world of science and engineering
- Develop a good understanding of Federal and Provincial innovation incentives programs such as the Scientific Research and Experimental Development program (SR&ED)
- Examining our clients' technologies, products and operations to determine which R&D activities qualify for government incentives
- Successfully develop and manage client relationships/expectations
- Effectively summarize our clients' development activities utilizing written reports
- Planning, organizing and executing engagements on time and within budget
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
The successful candidate will:
- A university degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Petroleum or similar discipline are preferred)
- Minimum 2 years Engineering work experience
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must
- Experience with the SR&ED program and other funding programs is preferred but not required
- Ability to conduct conversations to understand root causes for issues and grasp key development concepts in R&D scope.
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, management and clients
- Ability to efficiently manage client expectations and work simultaneously on multiple projects
- A desire for self-improvement through continuous learning
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Be exposed to new and exciting technologies and state-of-the art innovations in a wide range of industries (Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Process Engineering, etc.)
- Gain valuable business experience to complement your technical training
- Build and manage client relationships at multiple client levels; ranging from Engineers to upper management
- Promote the advancement of scientific innovation and technology in Canada
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.