O.E.M. Remanufacturing Company Inc.Number of Openings:
As a Technical Lead - Salvage, you will be responsible for technical support and developing detailed, high quality processes, and production documentation relating to major salvage engine components. This will be in support of OEM's strategy of building high quality components by relying on strong processes and detailed documentation to improve quality, repeatability and accuracy.Job Description:
- Combining Caterpillar Technical information with OEM process and procedures to create clear and concise best practice production support documentation
- Maintaining the accuracy and consistency of all technical documentation, via Document Change Requests (DCRs)
- Co-ordinate with 'Value Streams' to validate technical specifications and shop floor practices to ensure final production meets the appropriate final product requirements.
- Producing or arranging for illustrative purposes, drawings and photographs included in the documentation
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and other projects in the interests of salvage support and product improvement
- Collaborate with the multiple organizational groups on the design/manufacturing/purchasing of improved tools and equipment.
- Provide warranty, failure analysis and condition reports for major salvage components
- Regularly initiate salvage process audits to ensure process is supporting quality objectives
- Analyze salvage practices to identify cost saving opportunities
- Preferred candidates will have an Engineering degree in related discipline (mechanical, metallurgical, reliability), or be a Mechanical Technologist, or Journeyman with 2-3 years exposure to engine rebuilds, a manufacturing plant, and machine shop activities
- Proven writing, research and formatting skills, particularly in a technical industry
- Experience with heavy duty engines, and/or CAT equipment is a plus
- Technical knowledge and appreciation of heavy duty engine components, systems, and related salvage
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- The ability to interact with various levels within the organization and analyze information to understand the product and procedures
- The ability to effectively communicate technical findings in writing and verbally
- Possess a strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Demonstrated drive for continuous improvement
- Good attention to detail
- Knowledge of document control in an ISO quality system
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.