Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Reporting to the Technical Support Team Lead, the Technical Support Analyst is responsible for providing onsite Tier-2 technical assistance for all aspects of Desktop Services to Finning (Canada) personnel. Work with key users in the branches\\departments to oversee & solve complex support issues, coordinate and oversee hardware and software upgrades and provide an elevated level of support to the executive level within the region.
Kindly note: This is a 6-month contract position that will be based out of our Edmonton office.
If this interests you kindly do apply and we look forward to chatting with you!
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!Job Description: Major Job Functions
Qualifications (Must-Have Skills)
- Provide tier-2 technical support for specialized PC hardware, Printers, A/V technology, mobility devices and desktop software, inclusive of clear and concise documentation and communication on activities and projects. (25%)
- Provide an elevated level of support to the regional executive and executive assistants in the region (20%)
- Provide technical expertise and support for desktop related projects (20%)
- Implementation and coordination of hardware and software enhancements and upgrades (15%)
- Smart hands support for provisioning and supporting of all related IT technologies in regional branches. (10%)
- Management of regional branch IT assets and coordination of the asset refresh process. (10%)
- Investigating and recommending technical solutions in support of the desktop environment
- Ensure employees have proper documentation to support the products
- Work with internal IT team to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure asset tracking is current
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner and maintain effective relationships with internal departments and staff while maintaining confidentiality
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in IT support in a medium to larger complex organization.
- Technical knowledge of Windows 10 deployment and support best practices
- Knowledge of Office 365 and Office Suite of products with a solid understanding of the deployment and support requirements
- Knowledge of SCCM 2016 and current branch versions for client management, image management, imaging, application deployment, PXE boot, etc.
- Working knowledge of device encryption technology, anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-malware software technologies
- Technical knowledge of mobile and related technology
- Understanding of change control and change management processes related to IT
- Basic understanding of network technologies and Windows Server infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of Wi-Fi and cellular network technology
- Basic understanding of network technologies and Windows Server
- Post-Secondary education in a related discipline and certification in Information Technology.
- MCSE and MCSA would be an asset
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and time manage in a high demanding environment
- Self-starter who possesses the ability to work with minimal supervision independently and in a team environment
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and grow as required
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Customer Service and Support Information Technology