Company: Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: As the Technical Trainer of Heavy Equipment for Finning Canada, you will play a critical role that delivers technical training and provides subject matter expertise to Finning technicians, employees and our customers. The Technical Trainer is accountable for the creation and delivery of training materials and tooling relating to our equipment operations, from testing and adjusting, diagnostics including troubleshooting of Caterpillar Equipment.
Our ideal candidate brings a strong mechanical aptitude and is a certified Heavy-Duty Technician with a minimum 8+ years of experience in the field. You also bring a strong working knowledge of Caterpillar Mining Equipment.
Perhaps you are looking for the next challenge in your career and looking to share your experience with others. You may have previously instructed, or you have that natural ability to teach and mentor. You are also knowledgeable with computers and technology with the passion and commitment to train. Finning invests extensively to have our trainers become industry experts and you bring that thirst for knowledge.
If this sounds in line with your experience and what you are looking for in your next career, please apply today!
- Provide Finning and Customer technical training. Partner with Finning, CAT and customers to recognize training requirements and develop and deliver product training to end users.
- Deliver training using a variety of methods which includes classroom instructor led, remote on-line, using supporting training aids and technical documents.
- Developing agendas, objectives, exams, course material and presentations.
- Collaborate with other product trainers to have a standardize approach to product training.
- Ensuring current knowledge of products. Motivated to learn about new technologies available to new product coming on the market.
- Responsible for all training logistics for product training.
- Develop and manage training material, including updates from Caterpillar.
- Assembling and disassembling engines and other equipment components used for training. Organizing hand tools, diagnostic tooling and shop space for required "hands-on" application of in class theory.
- Provide expert insight and knowledge in assisting the team in organizing training for employees and customers.
- Maintaining strong relationships with Managers, Technicians, Technical Communicators and Caterpillar personnel.
Note: Up to 50% travel will be required for this role. Preferred location is Fort McMurray area.
- Completion of the Provincial or Interprovincial Heavy Duty Mechanic certification process. (Red Seal preferred).
- A minimum 8-10 years related work experience in a related technical field (tools-based industry). Preference within the mining sector.
- Experience in developing training materials and presentation techniques for adult education. Previous experience training or education around using adult learning techniques would be considered an asset.
- Experience in training delivery or strong facilitation, presentation and public speaking skills would be considered beneficial.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to acquire all necessary training and safety certifications.
- Demonstrated technology training experience (classroom, dealer and customer facing) Finning or Caterpillar training or familiarity with "S" level training, product training and/or technology training would be considered assets.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of health and safety practices and an understanding of the critical role every employee plays in ensuring employees go home safely is critical. Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background considered an asset
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.