Finning Canada Number of Openings:
We are currently looking for an experienced Technical Trainer to join the growing Training Services team for Western Canada. As a former Heavy Equipment Technician or experienced Technical Trainer, you will play a key role in sharing your knowledge with other heavy equipment technicians spending 70% of your time focusing on training in a classroom environment and 30% your time teaching hands-on in a shop environment in a number of Finning's Western Canada locations.
At Finning we invest in our trainers by ensuring they are all accredited Caterpillar Instructors (CIAP). We provide the best tools and technology to work with for all our employees and leverage all resources to provide the best service to our customers. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with and draw on the skills and knowledge of other CAT dealers across North America furthering Finning's technical training toolkit.
This critical role delivers technical training and provides subject matter expertise to Finning technicians and employees as well as our customers. The successful candidate will be accountable for the delivery and creation of training materials and tools relating to our systems operations, testing and adjusting, diagnostics and the troubleshooting of Caterpillar Equipment with an emphasis on Mining Industries and the related technical and mechanical products.Job Description: We offer the opportunity to:
Major Job requirements:
- Work with a company that values safety
- Travel and work with Caterpillar and Industry experts
- Be accredited as a Certified Caterpillar Instructor (CIAP)
- Work with cutting edge, industry leading technology
- Flexible work schedule and flexibility in the home base location of the role
- Stop working nightshifts! There are no nightshift requirements related to this role.
- Rotating Shift Schedule (optional for the right candidate)
- Competitive Total Compensation
- Work and train with the best (CAT) equipment such as Excavators, Wheel loaders, Off-Highway Trucks, Graders, Dozers, Electric and Hydraulic Shovels, Scrapers, Forest Machines, Drills, Asphalt Paving
Skills and Knowledge:
- Deliver training using a variety of methods. Providing "hands on" training material, training aids and technical documents for in-class use.
- Compile resources, develop and support our mentoring program that facilitates the transfer of knowledge, and drives a learning culture at Finning.
- Developing agendas, objectives, exams, course manuals and presentation material.
- Assembling and disassembling; engines and other components, equipment used for training. Organizing; hand tools, diagnostic tooling and shop space for required "hands on" application of in-class theory.
- Coordinating movement of engines and training aids, confirm classroom space and equipment at branches or training facilities.
- Providing expert insight and information to assist our support staff in quoting and replying to training requests from our customers (internal and external).
- Maintaining strong relationships with Customer Service Managers, Service Technicians, Technical Communicators, branch Service Operations Managers and Caterpillar training personnel.
- Ensuring current knowledge of products. Motivated to learn about new technologies available to new product coming on the market.
Education & Experience:
- In depth knowledge of systems and operation of Caterpillar engines and equipment with an emphasis on the Mining Sector and related products.
- Interest in learning and using new technology, software and becoming familiar with developments within the industry.
- Proficient in MS Office applications: PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Familiar with training, course design, development and evaluation.
- Training, facilitation and adult education/learning principles, best practices and methodologies, specifically, individual learning styles.
- Good time management, prioritization, and independent problem solving skills.
- Completion of the Provincial or Interprovincial Heavy Duty Mechanic certification process. (Red Seal Preferred).
- Post-secondary education in a relevant functional area of instruction.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience in a related technical fields (tools based industry).
- An understanding of organizational training and development methodologies and adult learning principals including leadership, organizational effectiveness, curriculum / training design, coaching, business culture, change and succession management.
- Experience in training delivery or strong facilitation, presentation and public speaking skills would be considered beneficial.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Previous experience training using adult learning techniques would be considered an asset.
- Finning or Caterpillar training or familiarity with "S" level training, product training and/or technology training would be considered assets.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to influence.
- CAT Product Knowledge in areas of Construction, Mining, Technology andPower Systems, would be considered beneficial.
- Working knowledge of health and safety practices and an understanding of the critical role every employee plays in ensuring employees go home safely, is critical.
- Must be willing and able to acquireall necessary training and safety certifications.
- Travel is a requirement of the role and could be up to 50% of the time depending on the "home base" location of the candidate. Travel requirements will be less for candidates based out of Calgary or Edmonton.
- This position can be based out of any of the following places: Prince George, Regina, Edmonton, Calgary,Fort McMurray, Kamloops, and Surrey.
Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary.This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.