First Student, the largest provider of student transportation in North America, is now hiring a Technician
in the Airdrie, AB
location!First Student is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages
- Consistent year-round work Monday to Friday Day shifts only
- An excellent benefits package with full medical and dental plan and RRSP Program with company contribution
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A great work environment!
- Ensure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers by performing limited repairs with minimal
- supervision on basic maintenance such as replacement of light bulbs, fuses, lenses, wiper blades,
- belts, hoses, batteries, check fluid levels, change fluids and filters and lubricate components
- Assist Tech II or III with preventative maintenance (PM's), safety maintenance inspections and annual
- maintenance inspections at prescribed intervals of time and usage
- Assist in the performance of mechanical repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drive
- trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Maintain records of all maintenance work completed on vehicles including parts and supplies used.
- Ensure that work orders are completed properly and accurately
- Diagnoses and performs accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under direct
- Evaluates completed work prior to release and seeks approval where required
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures
- Cleans vehicles as requested or required
- Other responsibility as requested or required
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- High school diploma/GED equivalent preferred; vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair (preferred)
- Class B CDL with passenger endorsement required (or expected within 3 months of hire)
- ASE Certification preferred. Must participate in ASE testing program within 1 year (expected to have 1 ASE within 24 months of hire)
- Basic mechanical aptitude and 0-1 years of automotive or diesel repair experience (preferred) or equivalent education and experience
- Adhere to standards set by state DOT for motor vehicle inspections and safety standards
- Valid driver's license
- Basic problem-solving ability, good customer service and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Maintain an organized shop and clean work environment
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers
- Comfortable using hand tools and possess basic mechanic hand tools with at least enough tools to perform job requirements
Apply today to join our team!
- Maintenance Shop environment with dust, dirt and grease conditions and ability to work under all weather conditions
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a crouched position or on back, lying on mechanic's creeper, beneath motor vehicle equipment
First Student is a leading provider of school transportation services. We operate in 460 locations across the US and Canada, working with school districts to provide safe, reliable, and cost-effective transportation for five million students per school day. We employ more than 48,000 people and operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.
Customer Service and Support Maintenance and Technicians