Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
The primary function of this position is the installation as well as calibration and commissioning of a range of technology on a variety of Caterpillar (CAT) equipment. The Technology Technician will support product application and hardware diagnostics and general support of various technology solutions, including Caterpillar MineStar, and product link.Job Description: Major Job Function
- Installing, calibrating and commission of technology onto equipment during technology deployments to operate in required operational environment
- Testing technology hardware systems to ensure system is functioning in accordance with the manufacturers and/or customer requirements
- Providing technical expertise for various technology solutions, including Caterpillar MineStar (i.e.: understanding the system, terminology, device locations and system operations);
- Using best practices during installation, creating install documentation and creating continuity with future installations
- Supporting the training and development on technology at new deployments to improve Finning's offerings for customers and performance of the MineStar System
- Supporting the development of preventative maintenance schedules for onboard hardware
- Customer Focus: Continuously paying attention to customer needs and focusing on the quality and timeliness of the installation work. This heightens the importance of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.
- Cultivates Innovation: Ensuring that information is captured to support improvements in the different processes to support Commissioning and Calibrations.
- Drives Results: Maintaining a high level of focus on execution excellence. Contributing to a culture that focuses on delivering on time and with high quality every time. Documenting and communicating potential opportunities for the overall execution to be improved.
- Courage: Being comfortable to take person ownership for individual and coworker safety. Being willing to champion new ideas and ways of working to improve the overall offering by Finning (Canada).
- Highly computer literate and proficient in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of Linux, Ubuntu Operating Systems, FTP Programs, MineStar, Thick and Thin Client, Terrain Office, Telnet and Tyresence
- Operations of Trimble Business Center and equipment
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and consultative skills, with the ability to adapt style to different audiences and provide recommendations
- Excellent analytical, risk assessment and problem-solving skills, which include quickly identifying core issues and making effective decisions
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment including a strong attention to detail
- Detail oriented and a positive self-starter with the ability to work in a team as well as under minimal supervision and contribute positively to a safe work environment
- Ability to read and understand detailed instructions and apply to practical applications;
- Understanding of electrical systems and schematics
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation
- Knowledge of guidance and control systems (ex. Radar, LiDAR, GPS, GNSS)
- Understanding of various dispatch system hardware (ex. Modular, Wenco, Jigsaw, and Caterpillar MineStar etc.)
- Trimble products for calibrations and commissioning of autonomous system
- Understanding of As Built Drawings
- Knowledge on radio network communications
Education & Experience:
- Accountable to deliver high quality work to support technology deployments
- Accountable for the installation process and ensure proper documentation to support future troubleshooting
- Ensure proper adherence to all Finning policies, including Code of Conduct and Safety
- Ensure proper adherence to Finning expense claim policies and ensure proper management of expenses and reporting by required deadlines
- Accountable to maintain positive relationships with all customers, external and internal, including suppliers and coworkers, with the goal of ensuring customer satisfaction score meets current company targets
- Travel to customer facilities and worksites where and when required
- 5 + years of experience in a technical role that involves troubleshooting, diagnostics, and successful repair solutions (ex. Technician - IT, GPS, Instrumentation, Electronics, Agricultural, Heavy Equipment etc.)
- Education or training in a related field such as Information Technology, Heavy Equipment repair, Electronics, Mechanics, etc.
- Understanding of networking principles such as Linux, SQL, Telnet or other comparable applications is considered an asset
- Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification is considered an asset
- Previous experience in dispatch with the usage of corresponding system hardware (Cat MineStar, Jigsaw, Modular, Wenco) is considered an asset
- Experience with guidance and control system applications (GPS, LiDAR, Radar) is considered an asset
- Familiarity with the workings/models of Caterpillar and other branded off-road equipment working in a mining environment is considered an asset
- Valid driver's license
- This position is based out of our Kearl D23 branch
- The rotation will be a 14x14 continuous shift as per the customer
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.