Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Our Accounting Infrastructure Assurance team focuses on enabling CFO's and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Operating Model Assessments, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and a broad range of Technology Advisory services from assessments, selections, and implementation advisory.
The Technology practice within our Accounting Infrastructure Assurance team is rapidly expanding. The Technology team is a dynamic group who are focused on helping clients improve their financial services through the use of technology.
A career in Technology will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a challenging, fast growing, and collaborative team environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Identify needs and develop technological solutions to complex financial problems through debate and discussion, in teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Assume role as designed in-house Blackline and Workiva expert, training colleges and clients on how best each system can fit their financial needs.
Blackline is a SaaS application that automates different steps in the financial close process including; account reconciliation, task management, matching transactions, system-to-system tie outs, variance analysis, and centralization of journal entry postings. While Workiva is a PaaS application that allows for the streamlining of financial reporting and data collection by decreasing reliance on spreadsheets and improving security features for additional compliance. The candidate would ideally be highly motivated with experience using Blackline and/or Workiva; knowledge and experience with other ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and CPM (Corporate Performance Management) tools is an asset, along with any experience supporting clients through all phases of the implementation lifecycle.
As a Manager in Technology Advisory you will:
- Lead the planning and execution of projects primarily associated with Blackline and Workiva implementation
- Manage a small team (2-4) to facilitate the technology implementation with clients, and/or provide post-selection Technology services related to Solution Implementation
- Review client deliverables prepared by staff and develop staff skillsets related to Technical Knowledge, Communication skills, Leadership and Project Management
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and/or support local office teams around the country and/or internationally
- Keep current on new software functionality and its proper use
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and lead timely communications both internal and external
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Utilize enterprise systems to design solutions that streamline client's financial process and improve efficiency
•Embrace and live the firm's purpose -to make an impact that matters -by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society
•Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
•Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
•Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships
•Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, and align people to them to set appropriate priorities and direction
- Bachelor in Accounting or Finance;
- Workings towards completing or finished the CPA, CA designation;
- Strong communication skills in French and English (both written and verbal);
- Possess a minimum 4 years of relevant work experience including at least one system implementation and understanding of the different phases of the software development lifecycle;
- Experience in Finance or Audit, considered as a very strong asset;
- IT background will be considered as an asset;
- Experience in the public sector, insurance, real estate or financial services industry is considered an asset;
- Must possess strong Financial and Non-Financial Process documentation skills, including, but not limited to: Flowchart diagrams, System landscape diagrams, identification of gaps or weaknesses in processes from both a Systems as well as Financial Controls perspective;
- Minimally, functional knowledge of Blackline and Workiva; experience with major ERP and Software solutions including NetSuite, SAP, Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, Adaptive Insights, and IBM Cognos considered a strong asset;
- Expertise in financial management disciplines such as financial processes and controls, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, financial performance management (GAAP and IFRS) and strong understanding of the financial close and reporting process is critical;
- Project management discipline and structure (ability to implement client's requirements, designate, and monitor tasks);
- Ability to analyze requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros/cons of different options)
- Operational (ability to translate the "what is required" into the "how it's done)
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it"
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Manufacturing and Production