Company: Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: As the Technology Operations Trainer for Finning Canada you will play a key role in providing effective instructional design, training and evaluation to customers, internal personnel and varied audiences to support and promote the support of Caterpillar MineStar products and services.
You will also support development and execution of operations focused training programs as the technology rapidly advances, and the benefits of autonomous vehicle operation become more and more evident.
You are the professional interface for training product to Finning and customer workforce in this critical role. Being the model subject matter expert that demonstrate safe practices, features, capabilities and operation of technology products.
If you share in our passion for innovation, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in technology, we want you to fast-forward your career here at Finning!
- Provide technology product operations training for MineStar Command, Fleet and Terrain
- Stay current with the MineStar technology suite of products to be able to provide instruction re: operation and application techniques. Update based on new software rollouts and impacts to field based operations staff.
- Design and conduct demonstrations at technology learning centers, simulation schools, at customer site locations, etc.
- Develop and maintain demonstration areas to best display product features and benefits.
- Provide hands-on and classroom training related to product operation, application, job efficiency, and safety.
- Conduct job studies and/or competitive training product analysis at various job sites to determine technology training competitive advantages and opportunities which will inform development and commercial practice.
- Develop methods for determining Finning employee competencies in the different operational roles required to support customer deployments.
- Provide on the job training to support the improved performance both Finning and customer workforce to maximize value from the MineStar Technology Products Operation.
- Interact heavily with Caterpillar, Finning Users and customers. Professionally and competently to capture and address a broad range of customer questions and concerns.
- Communicate with appropriate business units concerning product performance and recommendations for improvement based on customer feedback during training.
- Support Caterpillar with the development curriculum for training courses based on feedback from Finning Operations team and Customer feedback. Objectives established for the various training programs, oversee development and updates to course modules, appropriate training materials, and testing
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is an asset (Mining, Mechanical, civil, geological, informatics or related) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 to 7+ years of progressively related instructional design and training roles
- Detailed knowledge of surveying and civil construction or mining operation and engineering including implementation and deployment of technology solutions
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation; haul truck, track type tractors, graders, and excavators
- Knowledge of civil engineering office software, such as AutoCAD Civil 3D or Trimble Business Center
- Proficient with the SITECH and CAT suite of technology products
- Experience in developing training materials and presentation techniques
- Demonstrated technology training experience (classroom, Caterpillar, Finning and customer facing).
- Experience with Caterpillar MineStar Products (Fleet, Terrain, Detect, Health, and Command) deemed an asset. Professional experience with other Modular, Wenco, Jigsaw, and Hexagon Products would be reviewed.
- Sound understanding of Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and the related applications
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office applications
- Strong program/project management skills are critical
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work independently and go above and beyond to contribute to teams overall success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate complex issues
- Extensive travel, up to 50%
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.