Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Reporting to the General Manager of Technology Solutions, the Technology Solutions Marketing Manager provides leadership to the technology solutions marketing and pre-sales engineering team to support Finning customers increase their utilization of the different Finning Technology platforms; such as MineStar, CUBIQ, Trimble, Condition Monitoring and other platforms. The Technology Solution Marketing Manager provides leadership through a diverse team of Solutions Architects, Platform Specialists, Product Managers and Commercial Manager.
This role will be responsible for ensuring that high quality bespoke solutions are designed to support Finning's customers' adoption of technology. The successful candidate will work across the different Finning teams to design end to end technology solution offerings that enhance our customers businesses.
We look forward to you joining our team!Job Description: Develop and implement strategy for the Technology Solutions team
Solution and Commercial lead for marketing and design, and go to market
- Develop and implement the marketing and sales strategy for the team; aimed at servicing a broad range industries and customer needs across Finning's business
- Drive revenue and EBIT through Technology Solutions delivered to customers (revenue)
- Identify a balanced scorecard to measure the delivery against the strategy
Sales Support subject matter expert for sales leaders and sales force
- Deliver continual value generation to both internal and external groups; and leverage pre-sales engineering practices and different product knowledge (Caterpillar/Trimble/CUBIQ/Condition Monitoring) to identify solutions to customer needs and deliver systems capable of solving those needs
- Partner with internal groups e.g. Finning Digital, Customer Experience, Enterprise Sales, Aftermarket and Finance to support the commercial marketing to support the total package for the customer
Increase visibility to Finning Technology Solutions
- Support the sales organization on an as needed basis for assigned products via in-depth product knowledge, application guidance and competitive positioning. Leverage this knowledge to guide the company in ordering product for inventory and in forecasting new equipment deliveries.
- Develop commercial marketing and product training programs to empower the success of the sales organization, arrange and carry out these product training programs
Industry Association / Understanding the competitive landscape
- Serve as a liaison with Finning's suppliers for assigned products e.g. Caterpillar, Trimble. Nurture existing supplier relationships and search for new partnerships that broaden Finning's technology solution portfolio. Participate in industry association events and Caterpillar dealer advisory groups as applicable
- Collect, track, and communicate industry trends, competitive intelligence, and VOC
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Mining or Mechanical Engineering; MBA a definite asset
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in Technology, Marketing, and Sales Engineering related fields
- Experience with mining or heavy civil
- Strong understanding of customer procurement and project management processes (eg: RFP, RFQ)
- Strong user of Excel with the ability to complete in depth financial analysis (eg: NPV, IRR) within a large deal proposal
- Strong contract knowledge and understanding of business implications
- Demonstrated business related career progression
- Previous commercial experience with technology enabled equipment and product support
- Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and provide consistent leadership directives
- Customer-centric approach to the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with confident and articulate speaking abilities
- Highly motivated employee who can work independently, think strategically, and deliver on a plan
- Persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal skills & ability to present to senior leadership internally & externally
- Demonstrated intuitive understanding of the components that lead to corporate success and a realization that a compelling vision can be effectively translated into an actionable strategy
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-channel, team-selling environment
- Superior presentation skills with a strong capacity to manage appropriate deliverables to diverse audiences in a cohesive manner
Automation in mining has expanded dramatically in the last decade. But the building blocks to get there started being put together long ago with Caterpillar's first autonomy program over 30 years ago. Today, Caterpillar has automation offerings for both surface and underground mining.
Finning, the largest Caterpillar dealer worldwide, and a leader in the mining world is partnered with Caterpillar to innovate, evolve and expand autonomous mining offerings that will positively impact the customer experience. At Finning we will continue to invest in cutting edge training for our employees to ensure they are apprised of new developments in the autonomous technology for our customers benefit.
This game changing development has translated into new employment opportunities at Finning for mining professionals who are digitally literate, along with having strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively and critically. The timing could not be better to join Finning as automation in the mining world evolves and to embrace a new career path.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Sales and Marketing