Finning Canada Number of Openings:
The primary function of the Technology Support Specialist is to provide coaching and ongoing technical support to end-users and customers, as well as mentoring coworkers on the use and operation of both CAT and Finning software and hardware technologies.
The role will be responsible for customer system optimization that includes coordinating technology upgrades, supporting the installation and providing customer in-person and remote technology advice and issue resolution. This role will also liaise with experts at CAT to troubleshoot and optimize CAT and Finning Construction Industry Technology & Command for Construction technology.Job Description: Major Job Functions:
- Address incoming customer requests for technical assistance via telephone, email and in person.
- Identify and troubleshoot product issues and take appropriate actions to repair and resolve issues in a cost-effective way, to minimize customer downtime. This may include, but not be limited to, making recommendations to customers for corrective actions.
- Reports back on product failure trends and serviceability issues.
- Communication with Technology Solutions Implementation and Commercial team.
- Inventory and tooling management - Maintain and track all Caterpillar and/or MineStar technology inventory and tooling stored at respective branches or rented and loaned to customers.
- Manage projects and initiatives with customer to deliver upgrades, calibrations and troubleshooting as promised.
- Identify customer training requirements to develop and deliver tailored product training documentation to end-users and customers. May also be involved in implementation and deployment of technology solutions to customers including handover documentation.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a technical role, with a focus on providing solutions for customers
- Post-secondary education in fields such as: Computer and Information Systems, Computer Engineering Technology or Business/Commerce, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in Construction Operations would be considered an asset. Knowledge inConstructionEquipment Technology systems - i.e. Command for Construction
- Knowledgeable in GPS/GNSS networking
- Experience with asset management technology solutions would be an asset
- Knowledge of various office programs MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Project Management Skills - Planning and Executing of Projects
- Excellent analytical, risk assessment and problem-solving skills, which include quickly identifying core issues and making effective decisions
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present relevant and concise information. Ability to flex and be agile based on the audience
- Strong business acumen, the ability to understand and interpret information from other Finning departments and apply to situations
- Strong acumen withminingand the understanding of maintenance and operations equipment.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Customer Service and Support Operations and Logistics