TELUS is looking for a number of customer focused individuals to join our Customer Solutions Delivery (CSD) team in St. Paul. We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic people who are excited about technology, have a commitment to unparalleled customer service excellence and want to start their career!
The CSD team is responsible for installation and support of enhanced products related to the Future Friendly Home (e.g. home networking, phone, high speed internet, Optik TV, etc.). As a Telecommunications Technician, your priority will be to provide exceptional customer service while installing and repairing voice and data services (phone, internet, TV) for residential and business customers. You will deliver exceptional customer service while on location by identifying opportunities to promote and up-sell additional TELUS products and services when appropriate. These positions require you to work various shifts, which are primarily days, but could also include evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays depending on business requirements. Are you someone who?
• Takes ownership of every customer interaction?
• Is inquisitive, excited about technology, enthusiastic about being part of a team and enjoys a good challenge?
• Works to find innovative solutions and challenges the status quo?
• Regularly advocates for the needs of friends, family and/or causes you're passionate about?
• Is passionate about working towards a common goal with an exceptional team of collaborators? What's in it for you?
Rewards of starting your career with TELUS include an hourly wage of $21.92 (starting wage will be determined based on your relevant education and experience), annual bonuses and sales incentives. We also offer best-in-class training to start, employee share purchase plan, service discounts and many more benefits! You will have the opportunity to build a long term career with a leading-edge team that strongly believes in giving back to the communities in which we work, live and serve.
Finally, a career you'll love. NOTE
: Positions located in Fort McMurray, La Crete, Slave Lake and High Level qualify for benefits under the TELUS Northern Location Policy. NOTE
: Successful candidates may work in geographic areas where some TELUS customers operate safety-sensitive work sites (e.g. in the Alberta Oil Sands). In order to comply with these customers' safety requirements regarding access to such sites, the successful candidate may be required to undergo pre-access drug and alcohol testing. Testing for reasonable cause and post-incident testing may also be required. Candidates for this position must be willing to comply with these customer requirements and will be deemed to have consented to such testing. Qualifications: Required Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to provide exceptional customer experiences and overcome objections, as required.
• Comfort with solutions based selling, as required.
• Normal colour vision to work with colour-coded wiring.
• Able to manage a physically demanding workload, which includes heavy lifting, climbing ladders/poles, crawling in confined spaces and working in all weather conditions.
• Able to work various shifts (days, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays) to meet business needs.
• Able to effectively handle both favourable and unfavourable customer interactions
• Able to identify and up-sell additional products and services when appropriate.
• Fluent in English; demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills.
• Self-motivated, demonstrated effective decision-making skills with limited supervision.
• Mechanical ability and technical proficiency.
• Able to plan, organize and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Able to effectively work in a team environment and collaborate with other departments.
• Must follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations.
• Must be willing and able to work in locations that preclude your ability to return home, on an as required basis.
• Must be willing to travel in small aircraft, aerial tramways, helicopters etc. on an as required basis.
• Must be willing to travel and/or operate snow cats on an as required basis.
• Must possess superior computer skills.
• Commitment to continuous learning and high performance.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and apply learned skills to related situations and complete and pass all related exams.
• Must meet applicable testing requirements. Education, Certifications & Experience:
• Previous experience and/or education in telecommunications considered an asset.
• Must have completed a minimum of grade 11 math (Transcripts and/or diplomas will be required).
• Clean and valid Class 5 Driver's License or other provincial equivalent (Driver's license and a driver's abstract will be required). Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values
and delivering on our Customers First commitments
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. Technicians
Posted: September 16, 2017
Closes:October 23, 2017