Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our guards; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Job Skills / Requirements
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been tremendous amounts of pressure and expectations placed on our province's healthcare system, extending through to Protective Services and front-line customer service personnel.
Employees within these functions will provide front-line public safety support to our community at hospitals, assessment centres, and clinics.
This position is temporary with a contract end date of November 2020. The successful candidates will be tasked with providing access control, assistance, and customer service at a variety of healthcare facilities in the Calgary area; please note that this job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned.*Note: the successful candidates for this position will work ONLY in the following types of sites: hospitals, clinics, COVID-19 assessment centres, and other healthcare facilities.
The successful candidate does not need security experience, but you do
require a valid Alberta Security License. The hourly wage for this position is $17/hour. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided on site. Shifts range from 8 hours, 10 hours, and 12 hours, overnights and day time shifts included.Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide exceptional customer service and assistance and sustain effective relationships with clients and patrons
• Attend and investigate security alarms and emergencies in a timely and professional manner
• De-escalate crisis situations in accordance with Protective Services, provide support and liaise with emergency personnel including; police, fire and paramedic resources
• Write clear and detailed reports including incident, emergency, liability and day to day reports
• Provide first aid and medical response when required to any person(s)
• Utilize two way radios and computer applications to communicate site activities
• Assist other Security staff with day to day responsibilities Job Requirements:
• Currently hold a valid Alberta security license
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong observational skills
• Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations with minimal supervision
• Ability to walk 18/20km and stairs, stand for long periods of timeEducation Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GEDCertification Requirements (All)
Valid Alberta Security License
First Aid, CPR Level CAdditional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This is a As Needed
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security