Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
Paladin is committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we have the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
Reporting directly to the Director of People and Culture, the Training Coordinator is responsible for empowering Paladin's front-line security professionals with the tools required to make the world a safer and friendlier place. This is primarily achieved by effectively kick-starting our people's Paladin journey with the delivery of our best-in-class training, providing ongoing compliance re-certification courses, and proactively recommending ways to improve curriculum and our people's experience.
This role requires extensive travel throughout the province, succesful candidates will need to commit to large amounts of travel. Job Description:
- Extensive travel throughout Alberta to support Paladin branches with training requirements.
- Accountable for ensuring the Paladin Security 6 guiding principles is the backbone of the training department and all its internal training.
- Deliver branch wide training courses using training mediums including employee handbooks, PowerPoint presentations, classroom sessions and e-learning modules.
- Responsible for the maintenance and delivery of the training content and programs for both new and existing Paladin Employees.
- Monitor students' performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure course standards, training requirements, and all course objectives are met.
- Maintains administrative responsibilities as it related to required documentation and record keeping.
- Update employee certifications, renewals and in-class training schedules on TEAM.
- Completes the student assessment reports accurately and submit to HR in timely manner.
- Observes all record management requirements of the position to utmost accuracy.
- Monitors, evaluates, and records training activities and program effectiveness at branches province wide.
- Maintains a current library of training materials and programs and conducts annual reviews of all training program content to determine effectiveness and accuracy.
- Establishes and sustains effective relationships with branch employees.
- Ensures Senior Management is kept informed of the progress of operations, while providing written reports to the Director of People and Culture as needed.
- Ensures students are appropriately informed about Code of Ethics, company policies and procedures, and OH&S procedures.
- Other duties as required.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Must posses a High School Diploma; Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset.
- Certified First Aid and CPR instructor with either Red Cross or St. John's Ambulance.
- Valid Class 5 license and reliable vehicle.
- Ability to travel throughout Alberta
- Working knowledge of Alberta Security Services and Investigators Act is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in Training Development, experience in Security Training an asset.
- The ability to teach and lecture to large groups.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, with the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Must have strong administrative skills with the ability to maintain records diligently and accurately.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong time management, multitasking, problem solving, team work, and organizational skills.
- Must be outgoing, sociable, adaptable, detail oriented.
- An opportunity to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies.
- A company leading in Quality Standards with a 360 Degree Quality Assurance Program for Environmental Standards and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
- Access to all support systems including our 24/7 Operations Centres and out National Quality Standards and Support Team.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
Please address all cover letters to Kelsey Mercer-Slingsby, Healthcare People and Culture Team Lead.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Director of People and Culture
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1