What is the opportunity?
In the role of Trust Administrator, RBC Estate & Trust Services (E&T), you will support Trust Officers in the Regional Estate and Trust Group with administrative and client service support on a large portfolio of trust accounts. In this role, you will assist with all aspects of trust administration. You will also assist with client queries and also deal with branch related compliance. You are a team player, which is an important skill in this role as success is dependent on working in co-operation with others. For more information, please visit: http://www.rbcwealthmanagement.com/estateandtrust What will you do?
• Assist with preparation of various statements, letters, annual review forms and other documents as well as pro-actively moving accounts through this process and conducting file research as required
• Reactively and where required, proactively, maintain timely written, verbal, and electronic communication with the Officers and external contacts, where required
• Assist Trust Officers in ensuring all trust administration is carried out in accordance with the terms of governing documents, relevant legislation, client needs, company policy, and department objectives.
• Understand service standards and the need for operational consistency, continuous improvement and high quality client service.
• Assist Trust Officers in responding to client queries and referring any matters requiring the exercise of discretionary powers to the discretionary committee
Ensure all account information on internal systems is up to date, complete, and accurate
• Make effective use of all central support groups (National Account Support Services & Custody Group, Central Support Group, Securities, Income Tax, etc.) to ensure efficient administration and quality client service
• Assist Trust Officers in ensuring all branch related risk management activities are complied with and completed according to policy and procedures documented for Estates and Trust Services and fiduciary accounts including required documentation for new accounts and refers more complex issues to the Trust OfficersWhat do you need to succeed?
• General understanding of relevant legal/investment/financial terminology and concepts
• Excellent written/verbal/electronic communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with others and perceived as a professional, team oriented, business partner with clients and co-workers
• Ability to resolve issues and aspects of administration independently within specified timelines
• Post-secondary education or equivalent, preferably Business/Economics or equivalent experienceNice to Have
• A minimum 3 years' experience working in trust industry, trust investments, brokerage or client services
• CSC or CSI Estate and Trust Related courses What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• Challenging work
• Variety of assignments
• Financial strength and a strong brand
• Management that supports your work and progressionAbout RBC
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.JOB SUMMARY City:Calgary
Address:335 - 8th Avenue SW
Career Level:Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type:Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%):0-25
Req ID:370040 Posting Notes:
Management and Executive