The Trust Officer is accountable to the Vice President & Market Manager with the primary measurement of success being to meet or exceed an annual assignment of specific revenue and referral targets. Secondary measures of success will include contribution to development of Personal Trust business in the Private Bank and as a key member of the overall market center professional team. This role is responsible for account administration for the Personal Trust/Wealth Services line of business (LOB) in the market.
• Accountable for ensuring effective administration of a portfolio of Personal Trust Accounts - Estates, Trusts, Investment Administration and EnCircle within the regional market. The position is recognized as a specialist in Trust administration.
• Primary relationship manager for a portfolio of accounts including large and complex situations. Develop strong internal and external networks and referral sources. Develop and implement strategies to increase the scope of services to existing and potential clients.
• Accountable for meeting or exceeding the regional client experience standards for trust and estate administration, investment administration and EnCircle businesses.
Business Strategy and Execution
• Implement a business plan for Personal Trust Services within the regional market, with clearly defined annual objectives for revenue growth for each business line - one time estate and trust, ongoing trust, Investment Administration and EnCircle and referrals to other lines of business in the Private Bank and partners in BMO Financial Group.
• Provide professional support to team members and partner with an integrated team of wealth management professionals (investment, banking, trust, sales) to meet or exceed business objectives.
• Support the Vice President & Market Manager in the execution of the Market Wealth Services business strategy within the Market's Private Banking centers and P&C branches.
• Partner with the Vice President & Market Manager in the development of the market client, employee and community education strategies.
• Provide coaching on trust and wealth services products and services to trust administrators, Private Wealth Consultants, Financial Planners, Investment Advisors and other distribution channels in BMOFG.
• Manage service activities related to Personal Trust/Wealth Services lob administration in the local market center.
• Promote and support a work environment that inspires innovation, creativity, collaboration and diversity.
• Support the Vice President & Market Manager as change agent for needed changes in the Personal Trust/Wealth Services Group and the Private Bank.
• Comply with all compliance requirements.
• Ensure adherence to Policies and Procedures for account administration within the market center.
Cross Functional Relationships:
• Liaise with Compliance, PCG Operations, Legal and other lines of business to resolve system, administrative, risk management and legal issues pertaining to estate and trust administration.
• Work with outside lawyers and accountants retained by estates and trust under administration.
• University degree supported by Personal Trust Accreditation through Institute of Canadian Bankers or equivalent.
• Proven track record in administering and growing a profitable book of estate and trust accounts.
• Recognized as a specialist in Trust Administration in the Private Bank and in the industry.
• Minimum 3-5 years of related experience.
• Capacity to establish and manage relationships with clients who may be bereaved or otherwise difficult to deal with.
• Strong networking and business development skills.
• Good leadership abilities.
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Strong work ethic, work well under pressure.
• Flexible and empathetic, able to work effectively in a variety of situations.
• Ability to resolve a magnitude of diverse, complex and ambiguous issues/situations in a practical manner.
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted: February 19, 2019
Closes: April 20, 2019