**Open to Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA; Redmond, WA; Arlington, VA (HQ2); NY, NY; Vancouver, Canada; San Francisco, CA; Minneapolis, MN.**
Amazon QuickSight is the next generation suite of business analytics tools from AWS. We empower everyone in the company with analytics. We constantly innovate ways to deliver faster, more intuitive, and more actionable insights at a massive scale. We are re-inventing business intelligence with the goal of allowing everyone to make data-driven decisions. Our customers include startups and Fortune 500 companies.
Our team is growing and we're looking for a UX Designer who leads by doing, values diversity of thought and background, has a passion for solving problems at massive scale and brings their best self to work every day. You will improve, iterate, and reimagine the product experience to shape the next generation of analytics tools. You will also partner with a wide variety of internal and external customers to craft a modern, elegant BI experience for one of the fastest growing areas of software.
What You Bring
You have an "anything is possible" mindset when faced with highly ambiguous and complex problems. You're proud of your work, your skills and expertise - but you're not cynical, inflexible or too proud to take in other perspectives which may bring you new data points and insights that may shift your decisions or perspective if warranted. You love being part of a highly collaborative and high-energy team that isn't afraid to swing for the fences or exceed expectations even on small projects.
You have a deep background in complex data related products, geek out over customer experience, visualization and machine learning and believe that no experience is perfect unless it delights customers in unexpected ways. You're also a passionate learner that's motivated to take on new challenges. You have demonstrated design acumen and believe in the power of strategic design to differentiate experience and increase customer loyalty. You are an influencer who doesn't hold your ideas as precious and who iterates quickly, based on data, and delivers recommendations and analysis that tell the story of the customer experience we are delivering.
What You Will Do
In this role you will be responsible for leading a variety of design initiatives across the entire product. You will work alongside product management, product/visual/interaction design, and engineering to define and build the essential lovable product. This position requires deep customer focus, the ability to dive deep and invent, and the ability to make hard decisions fast.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup like environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
Key job responsibilities
• Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment
• Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
• Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing use cases, high-level requirements
• Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on-device software applications
• Art direct or design the visual design of the web and software applications
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
• Contribute to the User Experience group's shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies
A day in the life
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process.
• 3+ years of experience as a UX designer, product designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar (UI/UX/visual design/digital).
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design (Industrial Design, Visual Communications Design, Graphic Design), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience designing user interfaces for data visualization or business intelligence (analytics) products with experience working with design systems and visual design style guides.
• Experience working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
• Experience as a lead across multi-disciplinary product teams.
• Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and especially to senior executives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Creative and Graphic Design