Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
Are you passionate about storytelling? Are traditional storytelling styles holding you back? Do you have the courage to be creative? Then CityNews is looking for you. We have an opening for a Part Time Casual Video Journalist
on our CityNews Calgary team. What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Work with a dynamic team to produce creative stories which capture daily life in Calgary.
- Come up with original story ideas and produce original stories that you will shoot and edit.
- Deliver stories which will stand out from the competition, emphasizing creativity over traditional methods.
- Your stories will be digital first, and will also deliver for all platforms (radio, TV and web)
Here's what you can expect in return:
- A passion for storytelling - you know what makes a great story and know how to tell it.
- Ability to find original stories about people and issues which reflect Calgary's exciting and diverse communities.
- Experience in shooting and editing.
- A self-starter with a can-do, solution-oriented attitude
- An understanding of multi-platform coverage, not confined by a 'typical' television reporter package.
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver for multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines
- Because news never stops - you are prepared to work evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver's licence and clean driving record.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
- All the hardware (iPhone/Laptop)and software you need to succeed.
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 535 7th Avenue Sout West (811), Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 298638
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes:Rogers Sports & Media
Calgary, AB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Equity, Part Time, Finance
Apply now »