At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
City News Calgary wants a high energy, enthusiastic journalist to pursue the most important and interesting stories of the day. The ideal candidates will have a Journalism degree and/or training in one of Canada's amazing newsrooms. As a VideoJournalist, you will shoot, write, edit and present your stories to tape and then go live from the field or as host of the show. You'll also be responsible for managing your social media presence and adding to your stories to City Calgary website and Facebook.
You should know how to write the most intriguing lead of the day, know your way around a camera - and edit on your laptop. What you have:
- Must be highly motivated, show initiative and creativity.
- Self-starter; well organized and detail oriented; Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Take direction and handle stressful situations well.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- Valid Drivers License (non-GDL)
- Ability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Part time Shift:
Variable Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
535 7th Avenue Sout West (811), Calgary, AB Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & News Requisition ID:
152811 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com
to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]