family of companies is an online grocery delivery business with integrated operations through our Be Fresh
and Blush Lane
markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it's our great people that make it fun to come to work every day. SPUD.CA
is looking for a part-time, permanent Produce Receiver/Stocker
based out of our Calgary, AB warehouse
(#3 3200 14th Avenue NE). This shift is
6:00 am - 2:30 pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary Tasks:
- Stock the produce line with items prepared by team members and overstock inventory.
- Restock overstock shelves and update inventory on a daily basis, ensuring the freshest food is always available - "first in, first out" inventory cycle.
- Maintain produce quality through frequent inspections and culls, ensuring proper storage and rotation, and through returns of sub-standard products.
- Organize and tidy "finish" station and the produce pack line at the end of the day.
- Stay in regular communication with the produce purchasing department to maintain inventory.
- Manage daily waste and spoilage, documenting compost and donations.
- Manage inventory locations (adding new and removing old).
- Keep produce coolers clean - regularly breaking down and removing cardboard, sweeping and mopping, and removing empty bins and cases.
- Secondary Tasks:
- Assist produce prep team to clean, portion and prepare produce for the pack line.
- Assist produce receivers in unpacking shipments, distributing inventory, reviewing quality, and completing the necessary receiving paperwork.
- Assist pack line team to accurately pack customer orders on time, with close attention to detail, making their grocery dreams come true!
- Conduct daily inventory counts.
- Review customer orders for quality and accuracy.
- Collect items to fulfill order waits at the end of the day.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience working with produce is preferred.
- Experience in a warehouse setting and/or within the grocery industry would be terrific!
- Receiving experience is an asset.
- Punctuality and productivity.
- Ability to make quick quality decisions.
- Team spirit and willingness to work together.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude!
- $14.00 per hour starting wage.
- A 20% discount on purchases.
- Extended healthcare benefits (effective the first of the month after the 90 day probationary period for employees working an average of 24 hours per week +).
Posted: September 14, 2018
Closes: November 13, 2018