family of companies is an online grocery delivery businesswith integrated operations through our Be Fresh
and Blush Lane
markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it's our great people that make it fun to come to work every day. SPUD.CA
is looking for a full-time, permanent Warehouse Team Lead (Weekends).
This position is based out of our Calgary, AB
warehouse (#3 3200 14th Avenue) with a permanent shift of Saturdays & Sundays. Other additional days may be available based on candidate availability and shifts.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Warehouse Team Lead oversees the Weekend Operations. Supervising a team of 2-6 team members, they are responsible for planning the activities of the team, coaching for performance, providing support and assistance, and developing future leaders.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Team Lead will ensure the daily success of the team, while keeping an eye towards the future.
- Provide instruction and support to team members
- Prepare for and conduct daily team huddles and other communication touchpoints
- Lead with positivity and empathy, while ensuring that team members respect their peers and the requirements of their positions
- Where required, assist in conducting disciplinary action
- Help develop new procedures and improvements to current procedures
- Develop and maintain a cross-training program, to encourage team members to learn and engage in a variety of warehouse responsibilities
- Seek out and engage in opportunities to further personal leadership development
- Restock shelves and update inventory on a daily basis to ensure the freshest food is always readily available.
- Receive shipments from vendors and suppliers.
- Work with other warehouse team members as one large team to get the day's work done, taking initiative and being willing to assist others as necessary, rolling up your sleeves to get the job done!
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience in a warehouse setting and/or within the grocery industry is required.
- 1-2 years of previous team lead or supervisory experience is an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs comfortably, and be on your feet throughout the day.
- Ability to work comfortably in a cooler all day.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and think creatively to complete assigned tasks.
- Experience demonstrating front-line leadership or supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to cultivate a team environment.
- Desire to actively innovate, change and improve processes on a daily basis.
- Compensation based on experience paid bi-weekly.
- 20 % discount on SPUD.CA purchases.
- Extended health care benefits (after the 90 day probationary period effective the first of the month) if this employee is working 24 hours + per week on average.
Posted: December 14, 2018
Closes: February 12, 2019