Why WSP? Outstanding
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open toyour
ideas and tryingnew
WSP is currently seeking Wildlife Biologists/Technicians to join our Ecology and Environmental Impact Assessment Team in Alberta. Reporting to the Group Leader, the successful candidate will join our team of wildlife biologists working on a broad range challenging and diverse projects across Alberta and Saskatchewan with a wide range of complexity.A day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP...
- Conduct field assessments to industry standards and contribute to reports for projects within a variety of sectors (i.e., oil and gas, transportation, municipal infrastructure, renewable energy, and oil and gas sector);
- Analyze, evaluate and interpret data while providing results within the scope and objective(s) of a specific project;
- Collaborate with professionals across multidisciplinary projects;
- Implement corporate and client safety programs;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical diploma or B.Sc. degree in biology, ecology, or related field;
- Field experience with wildlife surveys, preference given to applicants with experience in western Canada and in the consulting sector;
- Strong wildlife identification skills (visually, auditory, and signs);
- A good understanding of wildlife habitat requirements, particularly for Species at Risk;
- Willingness to travel and participate in field work away from home for extended periods of time;
- Work locations are within western Canada and ability to adapt to unpredictable and/or inclement field conditions and changing schedules is required;
- Effective communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented;
- Registration with a professional association (e.g. P.Biol, R.T.Biol.) or eligible to apply;
- A valid drivers license;
- The desire to succeed in a dynamic, progressive organization;
- Experience with digital data collection and data management is desired.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.