Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Private Trust delivers three core services: power of attorney, executor and trustee services where The Canada Trust Company is either acting through an appointment to these roles or as an agent. The Business Insights Analyst will be responsible for contributing to the activities required to understand the financial elements of the Private Trust business, many general management activities as well as supporting the development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
Private Trust is part of TD Wealth one of Canada's largest Wealth Management companies providing a suite of integrated services: investment management, private banking, insurance, estate and trust solutions to high net worth individuals. With an approach based on establishing close-knit, long-term relationships with clients, TD Wealth brings together the expertise and resources of a team of multi-disciplinary experts to provide customized client solutions.Job Description
The Will Consultant plays a key role in contributing to a complete wealth management solution for clients.
The appointment of The Canada Trust Company ("TCTC") as Attorney under a Power of Attorney for Property, Executor and/or Trustee provides a solution to TD Wealth clients or other external clients looking for a professional in these roles. The appointment of TCTC by a client implies a significant level of trust, deepening the connection with TD Bank and creating opportunities for advising multiple generations on wealth management. These appointments are a central component of the Private Trust business within TD Wealth.
Through effective relationship management, the Wills Consultant will act as a liaison between the client, their advisor or Trust Officer and external legal counsel to assist in the implementation of the client's estate plan. The key objective is to ensure the planning documents reflect the incapacity and estate planning advice the client has obtained and ensure relevant legislation and company policy is included in their planning document. The Wills Consultant will work with the client and their lawyer to ensure the planning documents reflect the client's intentions and are able to be effectively administered.
The position will report to the Manager, Professional Practice GroupRequirements
The successful candidate will:
• Provide support to TD Wealth relationship managers (e.g. investment advisors, Will and Estate planners, Trust Officers) and external legal counsel with respect to introducing the Will process to clients and partnering with these clients and their external legal counsel to review drafts of the Will and to onboard Wills into Private Trust.
• Support a specific group of Private Trust branches in a region
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills to support frequent interactions with clients, internal partners and external centers of influence
• Exercise sound judgment when interacting with clients and external professionals
• Apply risk management skills and knowledge to ensure all Will/Power of Attorney for Property files comply with company policy and relevant legislation/regulation
• Fully document client records, including communications with clients, external legal counsel and internal partners
• Ensure file documentation adheres to all aspects of company policy
• Contribute to the Professional Practice Group's ongoing review and enhancement of Will clauses, policy, risk management, etc.
• Participate in TD Wealth partner training in conjunction with the Trust Officers in assigned branches
• Establish and maintain relationships with internal partners and external professionals in the community with a responsibility to enhance the professional image/expertise of TCTC and TD Wealth
• Represent and advocate for TD Wealth Private Trust within the organization and in the trust/legal community Additional Information
• In-depth knowledge of incapacity and estate planning and administration
• Exposure to estate and trust law in a legal environment and remaining apprised of ongoing developments
• Collaborative problem-solver with exceptional critical-thinking skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Enjoy interacting with high-value clients in a professional and responsive manner
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Language skills are an asset (e.g. French-speaking or other languages)
• Additional professional competencies, either completed or currently enrolled (e.g. TEP, CETA, CFP etc.). Some tax, insurance, investment knowledge is an asset. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Management and Executive