TELUS Engineering and Technology Co-op Program
Curious about leading edge telecommunications technology? Passionate about making a difference? Ready to take on your next challenge?
Then jump right into our high performing and innovative team as a co-op student. Our co-op program offers 4, 8, 12 and 16 month terms and will provide you with a range of experience and opportunities to learn about leading-edge technology solutions involved in mobile, TV, and broadband service delivery. What is the Engineering and Technology Co-op Program?
Our team partners with Technology Strategy and other business units across the company to ensure TELUS® remains a national and global leader in technology and innovation.
You would work in teams that determine TELUS' overall technology direction and integrated technology strategy, vendor management, network and service architectures, design and standards, and access development and convergence. What will you do?
As a co-op student, you will leverage your education and experience to work on a number of meaningful assignments that will develop your technical skills, give you a greater business understanding, and have you collaborating with the best. Examples from our 2017 co-ops include:
• Mine data and build dashboards to understand and fix customer issues on the Customer Network Analytics team
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions (DevOps!) providing automated provisioning, recovery and elasticity for network equipment on the National Labs team
• Design copper/fibre technical specifications, software tool development, cost estimates, and more on our Inside and Outside Plant teams
• Develop, test, and deploy IPTV applications or content platforms on one of the Optik™ TV teams
• Build tools, analyze data, manage critical security infrastructure, and more on one of our cyber security teams
• Support TELUS' critical energy assets, operations, equipment and inventory through feasibility studies, proof of concept projects, tool development and more using your mechanical, electrical and software knowledge on the Energy Management team
• Chart our wireless coverage, load balancing, antenna locations and integration on the Broadband Networks Engineering - Radio Access Network design and planning team
• Design and install core networking elements in the Network Engineering & Design team
• Enhance building request systems, parsers and system automation in our Security Design and Implementation team
Design, test and QA the latest and greatest software technologies within our Wireless Device Applications and Solutions team Qualifications: Required Skills and Abilities: You
• Are passionate about learning, new technologies, and our industry
• Have a deep sense of commitment towards making a difference for customers
• Demonstrate leadership in the way you approach your work, as shown through your academic, volunteer/community or extracurricular activities
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication capabilities
• Are self-motivated and have a strong sense of personal initiative and ownership
• Are creative and innovative in your thinking
• Can see "the big picture" while also being detailed oriented
• Thrive in a high-performing, fast-paced, large and sometimes ambiguous environment Education & Experience:
• Currently enrolled in an accredited co-op program in Engineering or Computer Science
• Preferably completed one previous co-op term or summer internship
• Proficiency with Java, Python, or other object-oriented languages
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to drive and lead projects
• Telecommunications and/or computer networking knowledge an asset Please submit your application by September 22 nd , 2017 at 11:59pm. Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values
and delivering on our Customers First commitments
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: September 23, 2017
Closes:October 31, 2017