WIT Woodlands Supervisor (3 Vacancies)
23 Month Term Assignment(s)
High Level, AB, Slave Lake, AB and Meadow Lake, SK
Reporting to the Harvesting Superintendent, the WIT Woodlands Supervisor will work closely with harvesting contractors to ensure forestry equipment monitoring devices are running properly and efficiently, while supporting the operations team within the division by installing, troubleshooting, repairing, reporting, and knowledge transfer of FPdat’s or other equipment telematic devices. Internally, the WIT Woodlands Supervisor will work closely with other Woodlands staff and divisional contacts, while building and maintaining external relationships with harvesting contractors, consultants, government agencies, First Nations Bands and Metis Settlements, Oil & Gas industry representatives, trappers, private organizations, and with the general public.Effective communication and supervisory skills are an essential component of this role. The successful incumbent will possess technical forestry skills as well as a thorough understanding of applicable forestry and environmental legislation.
- Participate in the safety program, ensures safe work procedures and takes corrective action when required;
- Represent the Division and the Company at various forestry related committee meetings;
- Supervise contractors and consultants and ensure compliance with company safety policy and requirements;
- Ensure that all mobile equipment is kept in good condition and serviced at the proper intervals;
- Follow procedures and ensure completion of responsibilities required through the Environmental Management System and/or other forestry certification initiatives to which the division has committed;
- Support and explore innovative ideas that further Tolko’s strategic plan;
- Ensure all accidents/incidents and near misses are reported;
- Keep abreast of technological changes to maintain cost effective programs
- University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry;
- Be a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Forest Technician (RFT) or be eligible for registration;
- 3 to 5 years of related (industry) experience;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management skills as well as the ability to handle frequent work priority changes;
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Resourceful team player with ability to work independently and in the field;
- A proven commitment to safety;
- Must possess a good understanding of technical forest management including planning, logging systems and GIS;
- Thorough understanding of forest policy, guidelines, and regulations;
- Proficiency in computer systems and software skills (i.e. ESRI, Microsoft Suite, Apple Products)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until April 12th, 2019.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.