Prairie Woodlands, High Level, AB
Reporting to the General Manager, Prairie Woodlands, the Woodlands Manager is responsible for the delivery of approximately 1,700,000 m3 of fibre to the High Level, Alberta manufacturing facility.
The Woodlands Manager maintains direct oversight of the forest resource planning, optimization of timber development and coordination of scheduling, harvesting and delivery of the quota wood from company managed tenure volumes and for all required purchase wood volumes. The Woodlands Manager will work closely with the Manufacturing Plant Managers, Marketing Department and members of the Woodlands team to develop and implement operating strategies. A key component of this position is the ability to develop consensus, enrollment and alignment among internal and external stakeholders.
The position also participates and presents Tolko’s strategic views on various forest policy and technical forestry committees, at a regional and provincial level as required by the Chief Forester.Qualifications:
- 8–10 years related industry experience;
- A minimum of 5 years of proven leadership ability;
- University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry;
- Active Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Forest Technician (RFT) designation or be eligible for registration;
- Strong working knowledge of lumber manufacturing operations is a necessity;
- Must be able to accept accountability and initiate and manage change;
- Thorough understanding of forest policy, guidelines, and regulations;
- A proven commitment to safety;
- Strong communication skills.
With state-of-the-art operations across Western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our mills throughout Western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and by providing employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to make great things and build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We Offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side by side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position has been filled.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing