-Stitch It employs over 600 multicultural Associates, currently has 85 stores in Canada, 16 in the USA, and is still growing
- Stitch It’s 2006 results from the Top 50 Employer survey showed that 74% of our Associates would recommend us to others and 77% say Stitch It motivates them to do their best
- Stitch It’s focus is to enhance our Associates self-esteem by helping to establish them as the industry’s Fit/Sew Experts
- Stitch It Associates have done alteration work for Canadian Idol, Corner Gas, the Queen of Jordan, Aerosmith
- Stitch It ensures Associate growth by promoting from within - 60% of all Area Supervisors, and almost 100% of Store Managers started as Seamstresses in the stores, and two of our Head Office Associates were promoted from the stores
- The President of Stitch it, Alain Baird, learned how to sew and complete alterations to better understand the Associates’ needs. His sincere intent to recognize the talent of Seamstresses and Tailors has brought Stitch It to where it is today
Our Associates Value
Respect, Honesty, Trust, Recognition, Teamwork, Family
What We Believe In
People: We believe in our Associates, Customers, & Family as people who share the need for respect, recognition, & appreciation. We honour these basic people needs as expressed by our values & mission statement.
Accountability: We believe that by accepting an offer to become a Stitch It Associate, you will honour and be accountable for Stitch It's Values, Mission, Vision, operating standards, & philosophies.
Growth: We believe that when you grow we grow. Only a growing profitable company can afford to offer you the multiple benefits of working at Stitch It. We offer you the opportunity. Only you are accountable for your personal growth which ultimately will improve your standard of living.
Who We Are
We could use many words to describe this, but it is important that we condense our goal of who we want to be down to three words: Fit/Sew Experts.
We do not perform clothing alterations anymore than a dentist just fills teeth. As Fit/Sew Experts, we want you to look and feel your best in the clothes that you love. This is our Brand Promise to you.
Benefits of Working at Stitch It
- Competitive pay based on your skills
- Health benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Annual performance reviews
- Educational courses paid
- Generous bonus plan
- Profit sharing
- Discounts on store merchandise
- $25 holiday dinner voucher
- Birthday off
- Personal day
- Sick days
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Our Georgian Mall Team in Barrie Ontario raises over $1,000 per year from quilt raffle sales to donate to the Canadian National Institute for the Blind, Stitch It matches the money raised.
- In 2006 we gave back $1 million to our Associates as a result of benefits, bonuses, & profit sharing.
- Corporate Social Responsibility has become incorporated into the every day responsibilities of the Associates, Managers, Supervisors, Head Office & Executive team – because of this we have given back 2% of our pre tax profits as follows:
- 60% to our Associates
- 30% to the community
- 10% to global issues
Stitch It Group Inc does not currently have any available jobs.