WSP is currently seeking a motivated Manager, Land Development and Municipal Engineering
in our Calgary Infrastructure team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Land Development and Municipal Engineering Alberta, the successful candidate should have a minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in land development, and municipal engineering. The position will be responsible for leading the local team for the Calgary region in project management, design coordination, and business development on land development, and municipal infrastructure projects. The Calgary manager will also be responsible for the Canmore Land Development and Municipal team. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Develop and implement business development strategies, including coordination with other internal business lines.
- Manage and deliver projects in land development, and municipal infrastructure. This includes report and proposal writing, business development, client liaison, and project management.
- Monitor and manage overall workload and staffing levels within the department to maintain overall utilization at target levels. Work with the Leadership and other managers to support inter-office collaboration and resource/work sharing to balance workloads and meet project delivery objectives across the discipline.
- Accountable for the overall financial and operational performance of the department under your direction, including the achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Responsible for overall resource management, including recruitment, team building, staff development, performance management and salary review process. Implement and track career development plans for staff within the department to support skills development, effective succession management, career pathing and staff retention.
- Provide effective leadership and collaboration with other disciplines.
- Lead, develop and empower a diverse group of professionals and technical support staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Engineering with 15+ years of consulting and/or municipal experience;
- 8+ years of managing and mentoring technical staff;
- Professional engineer or eligibility for registration with APEGA is required;
- Ability to work independently;
- Experience in business development;
- Ability to mentor staff;
- Previous success in customer service, client management and proposal/report writing;
- Strong knowledge of the City of Calgary and surrounding regional municipal clients and market;
- Experience in project management;
- Land Development, and Municipal engineering design and construction experience is essential with specific experience related to water, sanitary, and stormwater projects involving both renewal and replacement projects.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.