Mechanical Project Manager: Harvey 2545
Our company is a leader in the delivery of professional consulting engineering, energy management, and engineering development services across Canada.
With over five decades of industry-leading engineering expertise, our goal as a firm is to permanently reduce our clients’ environmental footprint through sustainable, cost-effective design solutions.
This commitment has resulted in the creation of the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm – something we are incredibly proud of!
- The opportunity to work with an enthusiastic Mechanical and Electrical team.
- Career development opportunities.
- Collaboration with offices from Coast to Coast.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits.
- An annual contribution towards an RRSP plan.
- A fitness allowance for gym memberships.
- Hybrid work environment
We are currently looking for a self-motivated Mechanical Project Manager to join our Vancouver office.
This position plays a key role in manage mechanical engineering projects of various sizes and complexity in commercial, residential, and industrial buildings to deliver energy-saving, safe, and cost-effective solutions to clients.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will manage project activities from conception to completion and will be responsible to sign and seal documents and drawings.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to apply their skills and knowledge and to develop their professional career.
What you’ll get up to:
- Initiate new business opportunities.
- Develop and foster client relationships for long-term growth.
- Ensure projects are managed successfully in terms of design and staff and that they are completed on schedule and on budget to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Work with clients to provide the best and most appropriate design solutions for their projects.
- Analyze client design proposals and specifications to determine cost effective solutions.
- Provide guidance to clients, technical staff and sub-consultants to ensure projects are technically sound and completed successfully.
- Coordinate with other disciplines internally as well as externally with consultants and architects.
- Ensure professional quality services in all facets of work.
- Provide quality and cost control during the design and construction process.
- Lead the project team to ensure technical accuracy of project deliverables.
- Provide mentoring to technical staff, assigning duties as required.
- Oversees the development of staff competence and assist in the training and teaching of new technicians and engineers.
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, documentation, and other factors necessary for success.
- Prepare and review specification and concept reports.
- Maintain project schedules and project cost summaries to track work progress, budge status and manpower resource utilization.
- Identify and address the need for additional services and fees to clients in a timely fashion.
- Work with the field review team during the construction phase and ensure ASHRAE compliance and LEED where applicable.
- Keep apprised of industry and technical trends, codes, and standards.
- Responsible for professionally sealing documents.
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or another relevant discipline such as Building Systems.
- Professional Engineering Designation (P. Eng.) in the Province of British Columbia.
- 10+ Years of Engineering and/or design coordination experience in the consulting industry would be beneficial.
- Experience in multi-disciplined project coordination and management.
- LEED Certification is an asset.
- Must have experience leading project teams in designing major engineering projects.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Needs to have good planning and organisational skills
- Must have a self starter mentality and be willing to take ownership of complex engineering problems.
- Able to deliver accurate & consistent results in a complex and deadline driven environment
- Supervisory background and proven leadership skills.
- Detailed understanding of project proposal writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal effectively with clients and other personnel.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT would be an asset.
- Require comprehensive knowledge of current engineering principles and practices, complemented with a strong knowledge of project management concepts and practices
- Experience conducting site visits would be an asset.
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner.
- Knowledge of Canadian Engineering standards.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on current experience
Benefits package is available after 3 months probationary period
Note: Applications will be sent to email@example.com
Management and Executive